Engineering – Full Stack Engineer
DecisionDesk is an application and recruitment manager for Higher Education servicing over 100 clients. We are a fast-paced and energetic startup looking for key members to help shape the next iteration of our core product.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The DecisionDesk Engineering team develops and maintains DecisionDesk, our eponymous application management software. You’ll play a key role in our codebase, working closely with product management and the UX staff on new features, and then working with our other engineers to get those ideas out in front of our users. We are cultivating a fast-paced, agile development environment where creativity and teamwork are paramount. Successful candidates are individuals who thrive on collaborative teams where everyone works on everything, and everyone is encouraged to contribute ideas across all levels of the organization.
We are working in Python, and are seeking a mid-level developer that brings several years of experience with Python, PHP, Java or C#. You’ll be working with a small team, shipping code several times a week.
WE NEED YOU TO HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH
- 2+ years of relevant experience as well as a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent is required;
- Experience with Python (Django, Tastypie, MongoEngine, Gunicorn) is preferred. We are open to considering candidates with PHP, Java or C# experience as well;
- Experience with Version Control tools and workflow (Git, GitHub) is preferred;
- Experience with database systems (Postgres and MongoDB);
- Ability to learn new technologies, tools and platforms quickly;
- Experience building public APIs and SOA architectures preferred
- Ability to work quickly in a startup environment where balance of speed and quality code is paramount
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Fun, casual work environment
- Ergonomic desk set-up with company laptop
You'll work with people like Carol, VP of Engineering at DecisionDesk
Back to top