Engeering – Full Stack Developer
DecisionDesk is an application and recruitment manager for Higher Education servicing over 100 clients. We are a fast-paced and energetic startup looking for key members to help shape the next iteration of our core product.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The DecisionDesk Engineering team develops and maintains DecisionDesk, our eponymous application management software. You’ll play a key role in our codebase, working closely with product management and the UX staff on new features, and then working with our other engineers to get those ideas out in front of our users. We are cultivating a fast-paced, agile development environment where creativity and teamwork are paramount. Successful candidates are individuals who thrive on collaborative teams where everyone works on everything, and everyone is encouraged to contribute ideas across all levels of the organization.
We are working in Python and Ruby, and are seeking a mid-level developer that brings several years of experience with Python, Ruby, PHP, Java or C#. You’ll be working with a small team, shipping code several times a week.
WE NEED YOU TO HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH
- 2+ years of relevant experience as well as a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent is required;
- Experience with Ruby or Python (Django, Tastypie, MongoEngine, Gunicorn) is preferred. We are open to considering candidates with PHP, Java or C# experience as well;
- Ability to learn new technologies, tools and platforms quickly;
- Ability to work quickly in a startup environment where balance of speed and quality code is paramount;
- Experience building public APIs and SOA architectures preferred;
- Experience with Version Control tools and workflow (Git, GitHub) is preferred;
- Experience with Relational Database Systems (PostgresSQL, MySQL) is preferred;
- Experience in a Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration environment is preferred.
WE’D BE REALLY EXCITED IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH
- Experience with CSS pre-processors such as Less/Sass;
- Modular CSS: Writing css using modular methods (SMACSS) that is responsive and re-usable; (bonus points for CSS testing);
- Non-relational database systems (MongoDB);
- RabbitMQ, Celery;
- Responsive design / Mobile Web;
- Experience with building micro-services.
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Ergonomic desk set-up w/ company laptop
- Fun, casual work environment
Back to top