VP of Business Development
The Vice President of Business Development is a critical member of the senior executive team who turns client relationships into scalable revenue growth. The VP of Business Development will work directly with various teams, including content, marketing, product, and engineering and will be responsible for defining sales and marketing strategies to increase revenue, managing sales operations, and consulting with clients.
• Ensure BD Reps achieve personal sales targets by developing new business by channel (new clients, ex-clients, existing clients)
• Create and implement a structured sales strategy to achieve set revenue targets.
• Manage inside sales team, ensuring that the number of calls/emails meets targets as set by management pipeline estimates
• Develop and implement sales campaigns to increase revenue growth
• Manage and maintain the overall sales pipeline and ensure all BD reps keep current using Salesforce
• Develop, maintain and apply a high-level knowledge of the DealNews portfolio of products and services.
• Deliver an excellent client experience at all times, ensuring client needs are met or exceeded.
• Ensure DealNews is represented effectively and professionally through presentations and analytics on our products and services
• Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation; credentials pitch; asking questions; solution pitch; negotiation; close; maintenance
• Determine an efficient communication procedure to alert all stakeholders of issues that impact client delivery or service (for example, some clients are never notified if their deal isn’t posted).
Work closely with content operations to create a flow of information that helps establish viable deals
• Develop strong and effective working relationships with the business development team.
• Develop a plan for healthy competition within the business development team.
Must have a minimum of 8 years in a sales/business development leadership role
Meet Some of Dealnews's Employees
Senior Web Developer
Keith takes care of all the technical tools the DealNews Content Writing Team needs to post great promotions on the company website each day.
Back to top