DealNews is looking for a seasoned UX Designer to create amazing user experiences for our customers and clients. In this role, you will work with our product, content, and sales teams to create prototypes, designs and wireframes that speak to the DealNews customer. The perfect candidate will have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UX/UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows, and transform them into intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
• You have the ability to uncover deeply buried insights using a variety of human-centered methodologies.
• You find it nearly impossible to think about flow, nomenclature, taxonomy, and information hierarchy without obsessing about a user’s cognitive load, emotions and ability to be successful at the same time.
• You’re always thinking about the user journey and how we can improve the user experience across screens, devices, and over time.
• You obsess over typography, color, iconography, balance, and white space.
• You have the uncanny ability to tame complex interaction problems by creating interactions that are elegant in their simplicity.
• You effectively lead design-thinking sessions with product team members, stakeholders and users to surface uncommonly good insights.
• You weave insights into compelling narratives that bring stakeholders onboard, influence team members and shape product strategy.
• You’re an advocate of mobile-first principles – “simplicity”, “minimalism” and “brevity” are all key words in your vocabulary.
Your first year should look like this:
• You’ll use your interaction and visual design expertise to deliver bold, disruptive designs and experiences.
• You’ll connect with our users by conducting customer research using in-person or online methods and tools.
• You’ll synthesize user insights and findings to inform product and design decisions.
• You’ll facilitate design-thinking sessions with members of cross-functional teams to identify interesting opportunities to pursue
• You’ll educate and mentor members across the business to understand the power of the design-thinking process.
• And most importantly, you’ll be a fundamental part of shaping product design at DealNews
• Insatiable curiosity – You insist on staying on the leading edge of design and product thinking, and bringing that thinking to your product design solutions.
• Disruptive thinking with the ability to deliver – Bold ideas are your bread and butter. You have multiple examples where you’ve shaped and shipped unique design-led work.
• Strong storytelling prowess – You can weave insights into compelling narratives that bring stakeholders onboard and influence your team members; you have a natural ability to clearly articulate design decisions in a compelling way.
• At least three years of design, user experience or product design experience
Meet Some of Dealnews's Employees
Senior Web Developer
Keith takes care of all the technical tools the DealNews Content Writing Team needs to post great promotions on the company website each day.
Back to top