At DealNews the Executive Assistant will work closely with the CEO by providing executive level administrative support. A successful Executive Assistant will coordinate travel, manage calendars and other tasks as needed.
- Identify travel needs and book flights, car service, restaurant reservations, hotel reservations, etc.
- Manage and maintain CEO’s calendar by scheduling travel and conferences, making appointments, and making changes to appointments.
- Read and analyze emails, letters, agendas, memos and determining significance; prioritizing what should be routed to the CEO in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare reports, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations for management and board meetings.
- Serve as meeting owner for meetings scheduled by CEO. Create email reminders for attendees, prepare lists of topics before the meeting and summarize goals after the meeting. Book conference rooms, create meeting dial in and communicate to all attendees well in advance of the meeting.
- Develop and utilize historical information; provide retrieval of information. Record meeting discussions and provide minutes.
- Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence. Ensure CEO is made aware of employee events
- Prepare and develop a records management system; maintain and recommend changes to records system when appropriate.
- Assist CEO with personal errands
- Problem solving ability
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of senior executives in a timely manner
- Ability to adapt and adjust planned work through analyzing the work demands of the CEO, competing priorities, and tight deadlines; and to understand the most effective and efficient means to accomplish tasks within the parameters of the organizational structure
- Extremely proficient with all forms of technology
- High initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication
- Able to maintain the highest confidence
- Active Executive Assistant certification or the ability to obtain certification (IAAP, CAP, ASAP, etc)
- 8+ years administrative support at an executive level
Back to top