Test Engineer I
Job Purpose Summary
As a Test Engineer I, you are primarily responsible for black-box, gray-box, and white-box testing; both manual and automated. The ideal candidate will be hands-on, innovative, self-motivated, and willing to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities.
Essential Job Duties
- Facilitate the decomposition of business requirements, into Use Cases, and Acceptance Criteria
- Design, develop, and implement automated testing solutions with a focus on regression, E2E, and functional testing .
- Contribute to the maintenance of DealerSocket's test case library
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team and developers on application test automation .
- Adhere to test automation best practices, standards , and processes
- Enhance, extend , and maintain DealerSocket's test automation framework
- Document, evaluate , and disseminate test results; collaborate in troubleshooting issues
- Communicate and report on the status of test automation activities
- Participate in executing QA roadmaps and strategies .
- Coordinate and execute Risk-Based Regression Testing activities for your team
- Participate in Deployment Testing exercises as needed
- Participate in daily Scrum and Sprint Planning
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and knowledge
- 2+ years of professional work experience in a test engineer or other software development role
- SDLC and STLC in an Agile/SCRUM environment
Required Skills & Expertise
- Knowledge of C#, Java , or another programming languages
- An understanding of automation design patterns and software testing principles and methodologies .
- Working with and testing API/Restful services
- Testing cloud-based (AWS) distributed applications is a plus
- Experience with Selenium, Protractor , etc.
Preferred Skills & Expertise
- SoapUI, Postman
- Unit Testing
- Git, Linux command line utilization
- Familiarity with relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL etc.
- Test Case Management, Defect Tracking , and Quality Reporting
- Strong root-cause analysis skills
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Work effectively in a team setting
- Work efficiently across distributed teams
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
- Manage several activities in parallel
Back to top