Sr. SQL Server DBA
We are a growing company!
We were established in 2001 and since 2014, we have acquired 4 companies!
What We Do: We create and deliver a technology platform to the automotive industry-specifically car dealerships.
Our Culture: Here's a glimpse into our world: https://www.instagram.com/dealersocket/?hl=en
This position is responsible for supporting and administering a large number of SQL Servers both in a Production and Development environment. As a SaaS company, the fundamental goal is to ensure the production environment is operational and performing optimally 24/7
• Be a part of and contribute in Weekly Sprint Planning meetings
• Ensure production SQL Servers maintain HA/DR in accordance with the company's RPO and RTO
• Troubleshoot SQL Server outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
• Respond to and resolve critical alerts during and after business hours (when on-call)
• Install and configure new SQL Servers
• When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
• Provide guidance to Mid and Junior Level DBA team members
• Implementing Proactive measures to improve performance and reliability
: • Education: Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or related experience
• 10+ years with Microsoft SQL Server
• Monitoring and Alerting Management systems; Idera SQLdm preferred
• Large SQL Server environments
• SSIS, SSAS and SSRS knowledge
• Project Management
• Familiar with Agile methodology
• On-call troubleshooting experience within a 24/7 production environment
• Extensive knowledge of SQL Server 2012 and up
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with various departments such as Engineering, IT Infrastructure, Project Management team etc.
• SQL Server AlwaysOn with windows cluster management
• SQL Server Replication
• The ability to be On-Call as part of a rotation
• Attend Training Conferences and sessions that may require travel
Back to top