Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
We are a growing company!
We were established in 2001 and since 2014, we have acquired 4 companies!
What We Do:
We create and deliver a technology platform to the automotive industry.
Being a tech company we have a laid back environment. Casual dress code: sandals and shorts approved, bagel Fridays, and a game room whenever you need a break! Those are just a few of the perks!
Here’s a glimpse into our world: https://www.instagram.com/dealersocket/?hl=en
Skills/Requirements Job Purpose Summary
The Sr. Infrastructure Engineer deploys, manages, and automates Infrastructure and Linux based system used in the development and production infrastructure of multiple SaaS applications. This position requires strong organizational and collaboration skills and partnering with numerous distributed teams is a must for success. It also requires a solid understanding of Infrastructure as code, and multiple devops practices. The Sr. Infrastructure Engineer will foster operational excellence through streamlined IT process, standardization, and automation.
Essential Job Duties
- Implements and deploys Linux based systems to support business objectives including pre-production and production areas.
- Build, maintain, and configure AWS environments.
- Collaborates with other infrastructure teams, developers, business analysts and other business stakeholders to implement requirements and deploy systems to meet business and technical objectives, SLAs, availability and capacity requirements including high availability, farms/clusters, disaster recovery, redundant systems and backup.
- Participates in all phases of systems development, deployment and configuration including performance and availability, monitoring & alerting, data integrity, security and capacity planning.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with Agile project management methodologies, adhere to version & release management, scheduling, change control, security and applicable operational policies and procedures.
- Installs, configures and manages software applications and services such as Apache, CPAN, RPM, FTP, Shared filesystems, Nagios, system & networking services and others.
- Provides on-call support to resolve and/or escalate production incidents or issues outside normal working hours including support during software deployment/release activities.
- Creates and maintains system procedural and technical documentation.
- Performs other tasks, including patching, maintenance and administration of other systems and applications, as needed to meet the objectives of the team and business.
- Mentor Mid and Jr level team members, regardless of their background.
- Provide troubleshooting for all Linux systems and application level outages.
- Using data driven results to prove theories and ideas.
- Strong familiarity with cloud solutions like AWS, Azure, Google, Rackspace.
- Performs other tasks and activities as required to support company and departmental objectives.
- Provide constructive feedback to team throughout daily issues and meetings.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Demonstrable skills in deployment, configuration, maintenance and administration of Linux operating systems and applications.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in a SaaS web development environment.
- Ability to write effective technical documentation with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong virtualization and infrastructure knowledge, especially AWS.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, VLANs, firewalls, load balancers.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash) and provisioning tools such as Ansible, Vagrant or others.
- Demonstrate skills and experience with database server connectivity, including MySQL, Mongo, DB2.
- The following skills/experience not required but considered to be a plus:
- Experience with continuous software development
- Experience working in a Scrum Agile workflow
- Experience designing, migrating or building AWS applications?
Meet Some of DealerSocket's Employees
Senior Manager of Design
Justin shapes both DealerSocket’s user experience design principles and the Design Team itself, developing unique software products that help current clients.
Back to top