Sr. Accountant (3+ years in public accounting)
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY
The position is responsible for assisting the Corporate Controller, Assistant Controller and Accounting Manager with managing certain specified areas of the accounting process, along with numerous ad hoc requests. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is capable of independent problem solving and the carrying out of complex projects. The candidate should be comfortable moving between various tasks, and confident in their ability to attack new challenges head on. This position offers the chance to be involved in multiple facets of the accounting function, and is a great opportunity for a driven candidate who is looking for an opportunity to gain new experience and join a growing company
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Assist in monthly, quarterly, and year end close process.
• Complete monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts.
• Create year-end audit schedules. Assist with on-going-compliance audits and Y/E financial audits.
• Assist in the preparation and review of financial statement information to ensure compliance with US GAAP
• Account for capitalized software development costs including amounts to be capitalized and all calculations in accordance with US GAAP.
• Assist the Controller, Assistant Controller and Accounting Manager on various ad hoc projects in support of financial reporting requirements
. • Work closely with the Assistant Controller to address emerging accounting issues and develop corporate accounting standards, including familiarity with SaaS revenue recognition and Topic 606
• Assists in establishing and implementing accounting control procedures as necessary to meet company goals
• Research and prepare accounting memos to document proper application of US GAAP to a variety of complex business transactions.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance Experience
• Strong technical accounting and research skills required
• 3-4 years of accounting related experience since graduation required.
- Combination of public accounting and software experience is highly preferred.
- Big4 experience is highly preferred
. • CPA or CPA candidate REQUIRED
• Work independently and effectively under tight deadlines.
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
• Advanced Proficiency in Excel preferred, Intermediate Excel skills required.
• Possess creative thinking and ability to resolve issues.
• Knowledge of Intacct or another accounting system is a plus
• Strong attention to detail.
Meet Some of DealerSocket's Employees
Justin works in conjunction with the DealerSocket Sales Team to ensure that dealerships across the country know exactly how the company can benefit their businesses.
Back to top