Software Test Engineer
DealerSocket Inc. (DealerSocket), a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) fully integrated technology solutions for the Retail and Independent Automotive industries. We are growing exponentially, and are looking for phenomenal people to grow with us. In 2015, we expanded our product lines, doubled our employee base, and opened new offices across the country. We pride ourselves on our amazing people, top-notch technology, and fun employee-focused corporate culture.
Awesome products: analytics, marketing, finance, sales, service, customer experience, and data mining solutions
Advancement opportunities: DealerSocket is growing rapidly. We have made several strategic acquisitions in order to deliver even more services to our clients. That adds to already diverse career paths.
Free soda fountain. Convenient location right off 1-15. Walking distance from restaurants.
For a glimpse into our world:
Software Test Engineer
As a Software Test Engineer, you are primarily responsible for black-box, gray-box and white-box testing; both manual and automated. You may be asked to perform basic software engineering tasks depending on the needs of your team and your skill-level. Software Test Engineers are responsible for ensuring their team's work has been adequately tested to meet the team's definition of done.
- Facilitate the decomposition of business requirements, into Use Cases and Acceptance Criteria
- Document and execute Acceptance Tests
- Create/Debug Automated Tests when/where possible
- Contribute to the maintenance of DealerSocket's test case library
- Coordinate and execute Risk Based Regression Testing activities for your team
- Participate in Deployment Testing exercises as needed
- Participate in daily Scrum and Sprint Planning
- Collaborate with Software Engineers during code development
- Maintain testing frameworks
- Mentor other Test Engineers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Minimum 1+ years in Software Testing and/or Software Engineering experience
- SDLC in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Knowledge of C#, Java, or other programming languages
- Working with and testing API/Restful services
- An understanding of automation design patterns and software testing principles and methodologies
- Experience with Selenium, Protractor, etc.
- Version Control
- Continuous Delivery
- Agile Software Testing techniques
- SoapUI, Postman
- Unit Testing[SP1]
- Git, command line utilization
- Familiarity with relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL etc.
- Testing cloud-based (AWS) distributed applications
- Test Case Management, Defect Tracking, and Quality Reporting
- Strong root-cause analysis skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Work effectively in a team setting
- Work efficiently across distributed teams
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
- Proficient time management abilities
- Manage several activities in parallel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective problem-solving capabilities
- Required to participate in Major Releases (mandatory from office headquarters).
- May be required to participate in Maintenance Releases (remotely or from office headquarters).
[SP1]Maybe we should remove this because this is mostly developer's responsibility?
Meet Some of DealerSocket's Employees
Justin works in conjunction with the DealerSocket Sales Team to ensure that dealerships across the country know exactly how the company can benefit their businesses.
Back to top