Senior Software Engineer - Database
*This position is eligible for the special incentive
We are a growing company! We were established in 2001 and since 2014, we have acquired 4 companies!
What We Do:
We create and deliver a technology platform to the automotive industry.
Here's a glimpse into our world: https://www.instagram.com/dealersocket/?hl=en JOB PURPOSE
The Sr. Software - Database Engineer will report to a Director of Engineering and will be responsible for structured and unstructured data analysis, determining structural requirements and developing solutions. This individual will lead a team of modelers and engineers to define our big data strategy and develop marketable products.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Define and implement a strategy to maintain a big data solution through disparate databases on a near real-time basis.
• Help define the architectural vision, initiatives and roadmap for effectively leveraging and packaging our data to produce a marketable product from of our Big Data efforts
• Develop prototypes/proof of concepts for solution options with intent to operationalize the selected solution
• Build strong cross-organizational relationships; effectively influence staff across the IT organization and broader enterprise to drive and realize our data strategies
• Mentor data modelers and engineers
• Develop and maintain documentation of the big data architecture and standards, data flow and processing algorithms
• Document database integrations and application usage and develop flowcharts; apply optimum access techniques.
• Provide database support by coding utilities, responding to engineer questions, and resolving problems.
• Benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them.
• Clearly articulate pros and cons of various database technologies and platforms.
• Be able to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution.
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
• To be able to work in teams, as a big data environment is developed in a team of employees with different disciplines.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS Education: BS, in Computer Science or related technical discipline a plus
• 5+ years of technical solutions experience
• 3+ years of experience as a Data, Business Intelligence or Information Architect
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in designing and implementing big data solutions in the Hadoop ecosystem such as HDFS, Map Reduce, Spark, Storm, Kafka, Hive, Pig, Flume, Impala, Yarn, HBase, Cassandra, Oozie, Zookeeper, SQL and others
• Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing lambda architectures for data processing
• Demonstrated experience in preparing data architectures for large-scale, high performance, highly scalable, resilient and elastic data processing systems involving BI, OLAP, OLTP, ETL, NoSQL, In-memory and batch Hadoop solution
• Experience with cloud and platform services, including self-provisioning, dynamic resource allocation and usage metering
• 4+ years of experience in solution architecture for traditional databases, data warehouses, ETL, analytics and data visualization solutions such as SQL, Oracle, Teradata, Datastage/Informatica, Business Objects and Tableau
• Experience with one or more of Hadoop-capable BI tools such as Datameer, Platfora, Splunk, and similar
• Demonstrated experience in designing for information security for both data at rest and in motion in big data environments
• Experience leading teams (combination of fulltime, contractors, consultants, etc.) desired
• Experience developing systems and products within an Agile framework and methodology
Skills & Expertise:
• Excellent Technical Documentation Ability
• Familiarity with Web Services and serialization, XML, JSON, SOAP, WCF, REST
• Experience with SQL Server 2008/2012 and SQL
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (TRAVEL, ETC.)
• Occasional travel required (10%)
Back to top