Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
DealerSocket is the software punch behind the Nation's largest automobile dealers. 31% of all cars are sold using DealerSocket software. We have the best and brightest employees with Development Centers of Excellence in Southern California, Utah, Wisconsin and Texas. Our real strength is in the exceptional quality of work we do, and how we put our heads together to offer clients something powerful, cutting-edge, and distinct on every level. Our company culture centers on that effort, but it's also about ensuring that we enjoy making it happen. We get involved in our local community through charity and volunteer projects, and at the same time we create a community of our very own with events like parties, retreats, team sports and impromptu gatherings in the game room. Get through the screen door and on to our porch!
This role should be a beacon reflecting our cultural values: Be your best, Achieve more together, Think beyond your role, Make the plane, Serve to win and Make it happen. Level-up during your interview by showing us what these mean to you and remember to ask us what "Make the plane" means.
Job Purpose Summary:
As a Software Quality Assurance Manager, you will lead QA team members who are responsible for performing end-to-end testing of small and large-scale features and applications spanning across multiple agile teams. The QA Manager works with QA team members to define software quality initiatives, and provides technical leadership for test automation, test process, and test tooling for DealerSocket's web and mobile applications.
Essential Job Duties:
- Define, implement, and maintain quality assurance methodologies and processes that all stakeholders can rally behind, and that align with the organization.
- Work directly with engineering managers, product owners, and operations managers to ensure the quality of applications and services.
- Oversee the definition, implementation, and maintenance of test automation strategies that enable the team to perform comprehensive regression testing of existing functionality earlier in the release cycle.
- Define and collect metrics to measure each team's success and identify areas for improvement.
- Provide for technical and professional growth through assignments, mentoring, and technical training.
- Recruit and maintain a strong QA team capable of creating comprehensive tests and analyzing test results to both direct further test development and isolate defects for engineering remediation.
- Evaluate team member's skillsets and have the ability to make effective use of staff.
- Manage the delivery of software using Agile best practices.
- Supervise the maintenance of DealerSocket's test case library.
- Coordinate and execute Risk Based Regression Testing activities for your team.
- Participate in Deployment Testing exercises as needed.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4 to 6 years managing software quality assurance, software engineering, or other technology-related teams.
- 3+ years of hands-on software QA experience preferably in SaaS technology.
- Expert understanding of industry standard quality assurance and testing methodologies.
- Experience with implementation of automation and performance testing applications
- SDLC in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Technical expertise that enables meaningful conversations with product architects & engineers.
- Demonstrate excellent technology leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Test case management, defect tracking, and quality reporting.
- Agile Software Testing
- Continuous Delivery
- Customer Relationship Management
- Identify and resolve workflow inefficiencies.
- Communicate technical information to customer, vendor and various organizational units
- In-depth knowledge of software testing principles, methodologies, automated testing.
- Proficiency with SQL, .NET, & C#.
- Ability to facilitate root cause analysis for critical defects and/or system outage.
- Display exceptional judgment and take the initiative to drive tasks to completion.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Manage several activities in parallel.
- The natural ability to be a champion for change.
Physical Demands (Travel, etc.):
- Required to participate in Major Releases (remotely or from office headquarters)
- May be required to participate in Maintenance Releases (remotely or from office headquarters)
- Available to solve critical issues as necessary
- Occasional travel (10%)
Meet Some of DealerSocket's Employees
Justin works in conjunction with the DealerSocket Sales Team to ensure that dealerships across the country know exactly how the company can benefit their businesses.
Back to top