DealerSocket is the software punch behind the Nation’s largest automobile dealers. 31% of all cars are sold using DealerSocket software. We have the best and brightest employees with Development Centers of Excellence in Southern California, Utah, Wisconsin and Texas. Our real strength is in the exceptional quality of work we do, and how we put our heads together to offer clients something powerful, cutting-edge, and distinct on every level. Our company culture centers on that effort, but it’s also about ensuring that we enjoy making it happen. We get involved in our local community through charity and volunteer projects, and at the same time we create a community of our very own with events like parties, retreats, team sports and impromptu gatherings in the game room. Get through the screen door and on to our porch!
This role should be a beacon reflecting our cultural values: Be your best, achieve more together, Think beyond your role, Make the plane, Serve to win and Make it happen. Level-up during your interview by showing us what these mean to you and remember to ask us what “Make the plane” means.
Being a tech company we have a laid back environment. Casual dress code: sandals and shorts approved, bagel Fridays, and a game room whenever you need a break! Those are just a few of the perks!
Here’s a glimpse into our world: https://www.instagram.com/dealersocket/?hl=en
As a QA Lead, you are responsible for defining and governing the overall QA process. Adhere to quality assurance standards in order to provide the highest quality software products to both external and internal customers. Works with product owners to understand the business needs and objectives relative to the desired functionality of products and applications. As QA Lead you are responsible for ensuring that all development teams meet each team’s definition of done through the use of automated and manual testing.
Essential Job Duties
- Define and manage the QA process end-to-end starting with user stories, end-Sprint testing, pre-production testing, production testing and post-deployment defect handling
- Ensure all teams follow the defined processes
- Take ownership of the overall product quality by documenting processes, ensuring ahderence to those processes, using metrics to prove the effectiveness of those processes, and proactively generating new approaches to address organizational challenges
- Mentoring QA analysts and test engineers on best practices and keeping an eye on the quality of automated tests
- Assist teams as the need arises for difficult testing scenarios
- Work closely with the development staff to ensure that issues/defects are dealt with in a timely manner
- Act as quality control for the entire product during pre-production and production regression testing
- Own the library of regression tests, making sure it is kept up-to-date and continueously working towards 100% automation
- Participate in SCRUM events as-needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ Years Software Quality Assurance experience
- SDLC in an Agile/ SCRUM environment
- Strong understanding of acceptance testing, test case development, execution of test procedures
- Experience testing web services – SOAP and REST
- Test Case Management, Defect Tracking and Quality Reporting
- Agile Software Testing
- Continuous Delivery
- Experienced with defining QA processes including automated testing, regression testing and defect management
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Professional demeanor
- Work effectively in a team setting
- Work efficiently across distributed teams
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
- Proficient time management abilities
- Manage several activities in parallel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Physical Demands (Travel, etc.)
- Travel < 10 %
- Heavily participate in scheduled Maintenance Releases (remotely).
Meet Some of DealerSocket's Employees
Senior Manager of Design
Justin shapes both DealerSocket’s user experience design principles and the Design Team itself, developing unique software products that help current clients.
Back to top