IT Security Analyst
Job Purpose Summary
The IT Security Analyst is responsible to establish, implement and maintain DealerSocket's security strategy to ensure the Confidentiality, Availability and Integrity of the company's information technology assets. This position will interface with peers in the Information Technology Department as well as with the leaders of other departments to continually achieve higher levels of enterprise security through information sharing and co-operation. The IT Security Analyst will maintain a high level of security awareness throughout DealerSocket through employee education. A hands-on role, the security analyst will also take an active role in monitoring security systems, conducting internal audits and conducting independent external audits. The IT Security Analyst is expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security and keep relevant certifications current.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in field of computer science or related field
- 5 years of related work experience; or a combination of education and experience
- One or more of the following certifications:
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification
- GIAC Security Leadership Certification
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager
- (ISC)2 SCCP
- (ISC)2 CISSP
- (ISC)2 ISSAP
- Experience or proven knowledge in
- Enterprise security architecture design.
- Enterprise security document creation.
- Experience in designing and delivering employee security awareness training.
- Experience in developing Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Experience in Intrusion Prevention Systems and Event Correlation systems
- Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems including workstation and servers.
- Familiarity with at least one Linux operating system.
- Effectively work at multiple tasks and meet deadlines under pressure and with constant interruptions.
- Learn the organization, procedures and operating details of the department
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with DealerSocket staff and its customers.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Manage security projects according to IT project methodology and standards.
- 40-hour on-site work week with on-call availability, opportunity for flex schedule
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components
- Work primarily in an office environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Communication skills enough to convey information to staff and end users via telephone and in person.
- Operate standard office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
- Vision enough to interpret computer screens and documents.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, work in confined spaces
- Ability to bend, stoop, and work on a ladder or step stool
Meet Some of DealerSocket's Employees
Justin works in conjunction with the DealerSocket Sales Team to ensure that dealerships across the country know exactly how the company can benefit their businesses.
Back to top