Director, Product Marketing
DealerSocket's mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. We help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers' experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 10,000 dealerships. Visit careers.dealersocket.com to learn more about how you can join our winning team!
The Director of Product Marketing will be responsible for clearly positioning our technology, products and platform for our sales team, clients and the market. This individual's role and responsibilities will include defining product positioning, developing the go-to market strategy and executing the plan across the organization while monitoring business metrics and adapting strategies when necessary.
It will be critical for this person to be able to effectively manage multiple priorities and product lines, with a critical focus on revenue generation and product adoption. The Product Marketing Director role is a highly visible position that will require extensive cross-functional collaboration across all levels of the entire organization.
Key measurement criteria will include successful execution of programs, revenue growth, market penetration, customer retention and 3rd party market validation.
Market Strategy and Intelligence:
- New growth opportunities for market segments - organic and inorganic
- Develop and refine go to market strategy, sizing and plans
- Develop, test and refine messaging and positioning statements
- Establish Thought Leader relationships
- Analyze competitive landscape
- Participate and influence pricing discussions and promotions
- Prioritize trends, technology and customer requirements to help drive product roadmap in conjunction with product management
- Commercialize product launches
- Identify, prioritize sales tools and marketing materials to support our sales go-to-market strategy
- Manage the win/loss analysis process
- Produce and share competitive market information
- Identify and build key messages and value props across product lines
- Develop customer personas and train sales/marketing on how to leverage them
- Support relationships with industry analysts and associations working with Corporate Communications
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior product marketing/management experience is required (3 years minimum)
- Ability to effectively lead a cross-functional team leader
- Self-driven individual contributor
- Excellent oral and written communications and strong public speaking skills.
Back to top