Software Developer, Sustaining Team
The automotive space is revving its engines and you can be part of the Dealer-FX software development crew that drives our best-in-class solutions. We work fast, and are driven by the impact our software has on dealers and vehicle owners everywhere. That’s because our products are awesome, and the team behind them is pretty awesome, too.
We work to the extreme, have fun to the extreme and now we need extremely talented Software Developers to join our quickly growing team. If you have a passion for developing, customizing and supporting best-in-class web applications, and love to work with like minded people in a highly collaborative environment to raise the quality bar, keep reading!
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, 3-weeks’ vacation, paid volunteer day, free underground parking, and lots of team events and other perks. Working on our in-production software, you’ll be in an enviable position to fix problems quickly and see the immediate impact of your work on our clients’ experience. Plus, you’ll be able to contribute your ideas and suggest technology alternatives to make our products better.
Be prepared to keep up in our fast paced environment! Our workplace is awesome; we strive for excellence at all times, but we have tonnes of fun, too. You’ll get to work with people like you: super-smart and talented, who share a passion for what they do (and are really good at it!), and who care about the people they work with.
Interested to join our winning team? Keep reading!
As a Software Developer on our application support team, you will contribute your expertise in discussions with other developers and testers to support and maintain ASP.NET software applications. You’ll collaborate with the team and use Microsoft Team Foundation for source code management. You will analyze existing software and efficiently problem solve client requests. And, you will perform and document appropriate testing to ensure quality product delivery, making sure we’re always delivering the best user experience possible.
What do we need from you?
Of course, we need you to have the technical know-how to do the job, and do it well. You’re going to have solid knowledge of current ASP.NET MVC framework, Visual Studio, Visual Basic, HTML and Java Script. You’ll have extensive experience in Web Forms based web applications. And, you’ll be proficient in Entity Framework, WebAPI, RESTful WCF, Web Services XML, AJAX and AngularJS. In this role, you also need strong knowledge of relational database systems including MS SQL server.
But, it’s not your technical skills that will set you apart. There are other reasons that people are successful at Dealer-FX, and our best developers bring their
theirtheir A-game everyday. They are problem solvers, collaborators, strong communicators and prove themselves often through their work and their winning attitude.
They are valuable contributors, mentors and team members. They are confident, but not cocky, as they work hard to do their best and be their best.
Does this describe you? Great! We want to hear from you. Follow the link and we’ll walk you through our online application process. Good luck!
If you need more information to be sure, keep reading below.
- Work with our Application Sustaining team among other developers, and Testers to Support and maintain ASP.NET software applications using Microsoft Team foundation for source code management.
- Stay current with tools and design
- Maintain and support our systems through bug fixes, customized requests and small enhancements
- Analyze existing software and efficiently problem solve for client requests
- Perform and document appropriate testing to ensure quality delivery
- Provide estimates on activities/tasks required to perform application support and maintenance
- Support your team’s work as well as independently create and finalize all the code on a project
- Create strategies for performance tuning & monitoring to maintain overall application stability
- Provide extended hours support for applications as required during release, trouble shooting and migration activities while ensuring operational sensitivity to business needs and SLA
- Work closely with support and release management groups
- Coordinate, oversee and drive implementation planning and execution
- Handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Other duties as required including preparing detailed design documentation and documenting issues & applications
- Solid knowledge of current Microsoft .NET Framework, (ASP.NET MVC) Visual Studio, Visual Basic, HTML, and Java Script
- Proven experience using Webforms based Web Applications
- Proficiency in Entity Framework, WebAPI, REST WCF, Web Services, XML and AJAX
- Strong knowledge of relational database systems including MS SQL Server
- Proficiency with AngularJS
- Experience in systems and applications integration
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork experience, and a positive attitude
- Understanding of the SQL of Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Degree or diploma in Software Engineering (or related field) or equivalent
Meet Some of Dealer-FX's Employees
Supervisor, Client Support
As a supervisor in the Client Support Team, Amanda provides guidance and leadership to a team of support representatives and analysts, ensures her team is up-to-date with product and program developments, and manages processes and best practices in the team.
Back to top