Senior Project Manager
Dealer-FX, the most trusted name in automotive customer experience and relationship management, is focused on helping dealer and OEM clients to Drive the Customer Experience by enhancing customer retention, mobile, and data strategies.
We’ve been experiencing explosive growth over the last several years. As a result, we’re looking for talented and driven individuals who can contribute to our goal of changing the way dealerships communicate and interact with their customers.
Already known by OEM’s and dealers across North America for our commitment to innovation in automotive software solutions, Dealer-FX has been recognized as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500TM and Technology Fast 50TM company and is also the recipient of the TU Automotive Industry Newcomer, an award that celebrates the best companies in the connected car industry.
Headquartered in Markham, and with 90% of our customers located in the U.S., Dealer-FX recently announced plans for North American and global expansion, since having finalized an agreement with Private Equity Partner, HGGC based out of Palo Alto, California.
What We Are Looking For
A Senior Project Manager reporting into to the VP of Program Management. You will play a strategic role in shepherding the relationship with our customers as we embark on a major program roll out. You will leverage that experience to help us design and build an engagement management function capable of program managing the large scale, multi-dimensional engagements typical of the relationships with our core clients. From contributing to the preparation and delivery of proposals for licensing and customization to project managing and overseeing software implementation, systems integration and training this individual will be responsible for the success of multi-year, multi-stage, multi-product engagements involving dozens of people internally and many more on the client side that represent significant revenue.
Leading the implementation of our data intensive, mobile and highly integrated systems will require the skills of a strategic detail oriented program manager, technical project manager and the diplomacy of an expert relationship manager who can find the perfect balance between the needs of the client and the efficiencies and consistency we need to be sustainably successful. Providing honest, insightful progress reports to clients and internal leadership and managing budgets and timelines across multiple product and work streams will be a core part of what we expect from this individual to ensure successful, no surprise execution and satisfied customers.
This person will work mostly out of our head office in Markham but given the nature of the role they will need to travel up to the US to visit key customer stakeholders and staff. This program is an important step in expanding our success throughout the service function in North America and then internationally so nothing short of a home run will do.
- Overall responsibility for the management, execution, client engagement & oversight of one of our client portfolios
- Lead creation of comprehensive project plans that encompass all technical and operational aspects of the engagement;
- Develop and monitor project plans, key milestones and KPI’s that ensure the program is delivered on time, on budget, and with the highest quality, that exceeds our client expectations;
- Provide leadership and hands on project management expertise to ensure the successful delivery of products & features enhancements to our portfolio of automotive software products, managing multiple priorities simultaneously, in a SaaS based environment.
- Collaborate closely with Software Engineering, Program Management, Client Management, Marketing, Training & Support Services and Product Management to deliver high-value and high-quality products for our partners.
- Identify and mitigate risks to product development and program execution;
- Detailed financial management skills including tracking direct and indirect costs of delivering and supporting the program;
- Develop structures and processes to control operations and changing objectives;
- Report on project governance and risk management metrics to indicate the health and progress of the program in the most vital areas;
- Optimize performance across the program value chain, functionally and technically. Identify opportunities to continuously drive efficiencies to either increase time to market, increase profitability or increase client value perception of our product suite;
- Work closely with the customer to define and articulate program requirements and direction and ensure this is communicated effectively to product development, implementation and training teams;
- Facilitate interaction between our technology group and customers during the pilot phase with specific dealers;
- Liaise with client sponsors and internal subject matter experts to ensure program software utilization, results and retention;
- Work with our training team to ensure clients are able to effectively utilize our tools;
- Develop and maintain client and internal stakeholder reporting that shows process requirements and documentation standards are adhered to;
- Travel expectations: 3-5 days per quarter.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technology or business related discipline
- Program and project management experience for technology related development and implementation (PMP or similar designation would be an asset)
- 3-5 years of progressive leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience aligning multiple-disciplinary teams with diverse personalities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience leading implementation of highly integrated core business systems
- Experience leading implementation of systems that have operational impact
- Experience leading implementations across a large number (hundreds or thousands) of geographically diverse sites.
- Experience responding to RFP’s and preparing complex proposals
- Experience preparing and managing project budgets ($10’s of millions)
- Ability to manage in a matrix organization (lead without direct management authority)
- Experience with the automotive industry would be a definite asset.
- Experience in coordinating multiple department deliverables.
- Outstanding relationship building and facilitation skills
- Self-motivated and an expert motivator
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Initiative and confidence to assess and improve overall productivity
- Strong communication skills (including strong listening skills)
- Facilitation & conflict resolution along with an ability to manage difficult conversations
- Ultimate team player who understands the important nature of a team environment
Meet Some of Dealer-FX's Employees
Manager, Training & Program Deployment
As the Manager of Training and Program Deployment, Joseph manages training programs for new hires and ensures that the latest knowledge is shared across the organization's many departments.
Back to top