Senior Project Manager
WANTED ALIVE! BRIGHT, INNOVATIVE AND HIGHLY ORGANIZED
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Tired of the same old, same old? Looking to join a dynamic high growth company that is getting eyeballs from top industry players in the automotive space?
So…Here’s what we’re looking for
As the new Senior Project Manager in our Toronto, Canada office, you will be responsible for directing project staff and delivering all aspects of the Project Management and Systems Development Life Cycle within a collaborative Agile methodology. You will be responsible for managing medium to large sized initiatives (up to teams of 20+). You will be directing project staff and tracking project scope and costs throughout the Agile project delivery lifecycle, ensuring that clear accountability and realistic deadlines are assigned to all project tasks, and that the project is cost-effectively achieving all project delivery milestones.
Some of the Nuts and Bolts of the Role Include:
• Accountable for overall delivery of projects, with the specified level of quality for the project sponsor, on time and within budget and scope
• Apply Agile (Scrum Master), System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and project management methodologies in a flexible and practical manner in various situations
• Plan, prepare and maintain project schedules to meet Dealer-FX standards
• Identify critical path, determine and integrate milestones, control points, imposed dates and go/no-go decision points into the schedule
• Manage scope, schedule and cost priorities between stakeholder groups and within the project team
• Manage the activities of project(s) to align with senior management strategic direction
• Perform the required activities for transitioning the project to the sustaining teams and field teams
• Develop the project organization and structure to optimize alignment of individual and group skills with project tasks
• Drive the decision-making process, be proactive in taking the initiative and the lead for identifying, analyzing and resolving issues
• Provide post mortem/root cause analysis for significant issues
Does This Sound Like you?
• Minimum of 5 -7 years of experience managing medium to large sized ($2M-$10M), , complex projects from initiation to implementation using a disciplined approach to project management
• University degree or equivalent
• PMP and/or Agile certification an asset
• Demonstrated project management competencies: budget and timeline management, scope management, risk management, issues management, timely decision making, effective team building, ability to prioritize and delegate appropriately and deal with changing priorities
• Excellent people management skills; experience working with and managing teams in a matrix environment
• Knowledge of the Automotive industry is an asset
• Development background in .NET, HTML and other web-based applications is an asset
• Proven ability to work with dynamic priorities and to develop effective working relationships with internal and external users/customers and stakeholders
OK, being a project manager is pretty awesome and it’s a high energy and demanding role. So not to worry, we have you covered with some good benefits
• 3 weeks’ vacation starting immediately
• Full health, medical and dental benefits
• Leadership engagement – when you’re part of our team, we’ll keep you informed as we ascend
• Solid training and onboarding
• Benchmarked industry comp and progressive bonus structure
• A Cultural Index to support our people’s unique strengths
You’re on your way to being part of an organization that is a trailblazer in its category
Ok, you’re still reading and thinking, “Wow, this is me”. … So time to make first contact….and you’re one step closer to your new dream job.
Please apply by following this application link above attaching your resume.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Dealer-FX is an equal opportunity employer.
Some Fun Facts About Us
As the most trusted name in automotive marketing and software solutions, Dealer-FX is experiencing double-digit growth and is one of the fastest growing companies in the US and Canada. We are looking for talented and driven individuals who can assist us in changing the way dealers communicate and interact with their customers.
The automotive industry is now not only focused on vehicle sales but also on the very profitable service function. Dealer-FX is pioneering the transformation of the service department. Think about it! Do you enjoy taking your car in for service? Have you never felt like you were being upsold on maintenance repairs that you did not need? Dealer-FX fixes all of that by enhancing the customer experience at the dealership level with progressive and innovative software solutions!
With 90% of our customers located in the US, Dealer-FX has been recognized as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500TM company. Most recently, we were also named TU-Automotive’s 2015 Industry Newcomer.
Meet Some of Dealer-FX's Employees
Supervisor, Client Support
As a supervisor in the Client Support Team, Amanda provides guidance and leadership to a team of support representatives and analysts, ensures her team is up-to-date with product and program developments, and manages processes and best practices in the team.
Back to top