Senior DevOps Engineer
What can you expect as our next Senior DevOps Engineer?
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will have the powerful opportunity to work closely with the many Dealer-FX teams to automate their needs, and make sure our production environments are always working. You will be responsible for code deployments and make sure they remain healthy through the entire development lifecycle.
Our software has incredible design, with a strong technical stack and infrastructure to support it. Take a look at our Cloud Stack:
- Amazon Web Services: EC2, VPC, S3, CloudWatch, Elasticsearch, Windows, Linux, RabbitMQ, SQL Server, Redis, IIS, Nginx.
- Azure: App Insights, Blob Storage.
You’ll work closely with the teams to automate their needs and make sure the production environments are always working.
Why you want to work here.
We know that great people like you want to be given tools, overall structure and the space to do their best work. You won’t see our teams in endless meetings here; they’ve got too much to do and we know where their talents are best put to use. Our management team has been in the trenches too; they get it! They are collaborative and transparent, without the egos that can sometimes happen.
Our environment is extremely fast-paced, dynamic and constantly evolving. To support you in this organized chaos we give you gorgeous new offices in Markham and:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Choice of basic or enhanced health benefit plans, dental and vision benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Child care vouchers for back up child care
- Paid parking
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation
- 1 paid annual volunteer day
- Cool company events and team building activities (racing team, squash league, softball team, hackathons)
Most importantly we want you to learn and grow in our super supportive environment and the hope is that you progress quickly in both personal and professional development. Opportunities for growth are plenty and encouraged!
Time to choose your next adventure:
If what you’re reading is piquing your interest learn more about what it’s like to work here on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/dealerfx
If you’re super excited about this opportunity and are ready to apply, click on the Apply Now button and we’ll walk you through our process.
If you need a bit more information about this opportunity before deciding, keep reading.
- Collaborate with other Infrastructure team members, Development and QA to maintain and execute the deployment strategy
- Participate in building and maintenance of a resilient, secure, and efficient SaaS application platforms
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Troubleshoot application integration issues with development teams
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Set up and maintain the cloud environment
- Design, implement, and deploy complex AWS-based workloads from initial architecture and design through development, testing, and deployment
- Participate in architectural discussions & requirements gathering to ensure customer success on the AWS platform
Here are the kind of traits we value in our teams:
- Fast learner
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- An eye to improving efficiencies and a commitment to creative problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - ability to set and enforce processes.
- Proactive and effective verbal and written communicator with technical and non-technical teammates
- Highly detailed oriented with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Works effectively with minimal supervision and under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider
- 3 to 5 years of professional work or internship experience
- Systems administration and configuration management automation expertise is a must (Example, Chef)
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments (AWS or Azure). Preference to 3+ years hands on experience of AWS cloud
- Windows and(or) Linux administration experience
- Release automation (TFS, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience using MS PowerShell and Linux Shell scripting languages for automation purposes
- Solid knowledge of DevOps Software Development Lifecycle and DevOps practices (preferable with Ansible, Cloud formation or terraform experience)
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
Meet Some of Dealer-FX's Employees
Supervisor, Client Support
As a supervisor in the Client Support Team, Amanda provides guidance and leadership to a team of support representatives and analysts, ensures her team is up-to-date with product and program developments, and manages processes and best practices in the team.
Back to top