Senior Cloud Infrastructure Specialist
WANTED ALIVE! BRIGHT, INNOVATIVE AND HIGHLY FOCUSED SENIOR CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE SPECIALIST
Tired of the same old, same old? Looking to join a dynamic high growth company that is getting eyeballs from top industry players in the automotive space?
So…Here’s what we’re looking for
As the new Senior Cloud Infrastructure Specialist in our Toronto, Canada office, you be working closely with the CTO and IT Manager. This will involve connecting the needs of our SaaS product focused teams to the technologies that support them and our customers from our data centers in the cloud. You will be responsible for planning and executing the strategy and projects to scale out our infrastructure and maintain the 7/24/365 environments with 99.99% uptime.
Some of the Nuts and Bolts of the Role Include:
- Live and breathe the health of the services you’re responsible for, with the never ending goal of squeezing every last bit of performance out of the system
- Ensure the service performance, availability and reliability of all servers and services within the SaaS; maintain a high SLA.
- Provide operational support and automation tools to application developers, and to improve service operations
- Build back-end frameworks that are maintainable, flexible and scalable
- Provide Recommendations on Infrastructure scaling
- Have a strong focus on metrics, measurement, and reporting on and improving service levels
- Exceptional prioritization skills, including transparently communicating and justifying time investments
- Be passionate about cloud computing, research and implement new technologies and processes as they become available with the goal of learning and improving service quality and reducing costs
- Maintain and test a disaster recovery plan
- Apply Hotfixes and updates where necessary
Does This Sound Like you?
- At least five years of experience in any three of the following areas servers: cloud computing, virtualization, storage, database, or network
- Familiarity with Amazon’s AWS, or IBM SoftLayer is an asset
- At least two years of successful experience in large scale service build out and operation
- At least two years IT operation related experience
- Hands on infrastructure, systems and application architecture experience in large scale, web-based applications
- Excellent Linux and Windows scripting skills
- Proven ability to work with dynamic priorities and to develop effective working relationships with internal and external users/customers and stakeholders
- Experience with testing and managing high availability environments with performance of disaster recovery tests on a regular basis.
- Understanding of load testing, monitoring and performance management tools for every layer of the environment
- Familiar with various performance monitoring and profiling tools
- Strong customer service & customer focus with the ability to provide service to all levels of the organization
- Bachelor of Science degree in related discipline, advanced degree desired
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
OK, being a cloud guru is pretty awesome and it’s a high energy and demanding role. So not to worry, we have you covered with some good benefits
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Full health, medical and dental benefits
- Leadership engagement – when you’re part of our team, we’ll keep you informed as we ascend
- Solid training and onboarding
- Benchmarked industry comp and progressive bonus structure
- A Cultural Index to support our people’s unique strengths
You’re on your way to being part of an organization that is a trailblazer in its category
Ok, you’re still reading and thinking, “Wow, this is me”. … So time to make first contact….and you’re one step closer to your new dream job.
Please apply by following this application link and completing an online survey and attaching your resume
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Dealer-FX is an equal opportunity employer.
Some Fun Facts About Us
As the most trusted name in automotive marketing and software solutions, Dealer-FX is experiencing double-digit growth and is one of the fastest growing companies in the US and Canada. We are looking for talented and driven individuals who can assist us in changing the way dealers communicate and interact with their customers.
The automotive industry is now not only focused on vehicle sales but also on the very profitable service function. Dealer-FX is pioneering the transformation of the service department. Think about it! Do you enjoy taking your car in for service? Have you never felt like you were being upsold on maintenance repairs that you did not need? Dealer-FX fixes all of that by enhancing the customer experience at the dealership level with progressive and innovative software solutions!
With 90% of our customers located in the US, Dealer-FX has been recognized as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500TM company. Most recently, we were also named TU-Automotive’s 2015 Industry Newcomer.
Meet Some of Dealer-FX's Employees
Manager, Training & Program Deployment
As the Manager of Training and Program Deployment, Joseph manages training programs for new hires and ensures that the latest knowledge is shared across the organization's many departments.
Back to top