Reporting Analyst - Business Intelligence
A 2010 Digital Marketing blog provided the following definitions:
Reporting: The process of organizing data into informational summaries in order to monitor how different areas of a business are performing.
Analysis: The process of exploring data and reports in order to extract meaningful insights, which can be used to better understand and improve business performance.
Put these two together to define what Dealer-FX needs. Can you organize data into meaningful reports AND translate the story behind the data to better understand and improve business performance? Maybe you are our next Reporting Analyst!
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, 3-weeks’ vacation, paid volunteer day, and lots of other perks. Be prepared to keep up in our fast paced environment! Our workplace is awesome; we strive for excellence at all times, but we have tonnes of fun, too. You’ll get to work with people like you: super-smart and talented, who share a passion for what they do (and are really good at it!), and who care about the people they work with.
Interested to join our team of A-players? Keep reading!
As our Reporting Analyst, you will be our Qlik Sense subject matter expert in data visualization, playing a key role in transforming the use of data by building organizational awareness and skill. You will collaborate within the business to define and build compelling analytic solutions, and you’ll work with BA’s to identify data requirements to meet business needs. You’ll work with analysts and stakeholders to recommend appropriate visualizations and best practices to fully leverage Qlik functionality. And, since you are our SME, you will train others on the tool, the reports and dashboards.
The right person for this job is more than just skilled at understanding client issues and translating them into viable solutions, they have a passion for it! (For example, the right person probably just got super excited when they read the phrase “data visualization” above.) Plus, they have at least 3-years of experience delivering meaningful reports as either a developer or an analyst. They will be knowledgeable in both relational and dimensional data models, and will be able to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new solutions. And, in order to be our Qlik Sense SME, they need to have previous experience developing and tuning Qlik Sense, plus Nprinting, solutions.
Ready to apply? Then follow the link and we’ll walk you through our online application process. Good luck!
If you want to dig a bit deeper into the role, we’ve organized more info on this job into bullet lists further below.
- Work directly with business stakeholders to define and build compelling analytic solutions to meet business requirements
- Work with Business Analysts to identify data requirements to meet business requirements
- Apply design and data analysis to illustrate data in visually innovative ways to make it easier to understand and be actionable by users
- Implement optimized solutions using the appropriate features in Qlik Sense
- Identify opportunities and creative solutions for innovative reporting efficiencies and effectiveness
- Manage change control of code and applications within the Qlik Sense environment
- Perform testing, identifying any data quality or performance issues
- Train business end-users on dashboard navigation
- Mentor and train program area analysts on the BI reporting tool and data models to enable self-sufficiency in developing dashboards and reports for the program area
- Work with analysts and stakeholders to recommend appropriate visualizations and best practices to fully leverage Qlik functionality
- 3+ years in delivering meaningful analytic reports as a developer/analyst
- Ability to capture report requirements from business users and translate them into visualizations
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Knowledgeable in both Relational and Dimensional data models
- Experience in developing and tuning Qlik Sense and Nprinting solutions
- Structured critical thinker with strong attention to detail, a passion for analyzing results and digging deeper
- Highly organized, self-motivated, customer oriented and able to work independently as well as within a team
- Disciplined self-starter with strong attention to detail and advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Dealer-FX operations, Cherwell and SugarCRM
NOTE: Dealer-FX is an equal opportunity employer. Please no agency applications. For assistance, please email: [email protected]
Meet Some of Dealer-FX's Employees
Supervisor, Client Support
As a supervisor in the Client Support Team, Amanda provides guidance and leadership to a team of support representatives and analysts, ensures her team is up-to-date with product and program developments, and manages processes and best practices in the team.
Back to top