Quality Assurance Analyst
Are you looking for something different, perhaps an opportunity to work with an industry trailblazer in a super-hot segment? The automotive space is revving its engines and you can be part of the Dealer-FX development crew that drives our best-in-class solutions.
Not for the faint of heart, working at Dealer-FX is a real ride. As a recognized Deloitte Technology Fast 50 company, we are on an upward trajectory and heading for the checkered flag. With our recent investment by partner HGGC out of Palo Alto, California, Dealer-FX is in rapid growth and expansion mode and we need the likes of you … if you fit the bill.
In this role, we work fast and play for keeps. That’s because our products are awesome and our development team is the foundation of our success in the marketplace. We also like to have fun and enjoy seeing what we do come to fruition.
As a QA Analyst, you will have the exciting opportunity to work closely with the Software Development team to ensure that our business systems and other products are of the highest quality possible.
Your main responsibility will be reviewing requirements, test planning, defect reporting, bug tracking, regression testing, performance benchmarking, automating regression tests and continuous QA Improvement activities. The ideal candidate will have experience with automated testing tools and a passion for finding bugs/producing high-quality software products.
Reporting to Quality Assurance Application Manager you will be responsible for:
- Design, develop, execute, and evaluate automated tests for functional, system, regression and performance testing
- Develop, document, and maintain test deliverables (Test Requirements, Test Plans, Test Design Specifications, Test Case Specifications, Test Procedures, Test Logs, Test Status and Test Summaries)
- Build the necessary test cases and scripts from internal user specifications, documentation or/and verbal communication
- Gather and understand technical requirements from different sources - Product Management, Client Services, Technical Support, IT
- Setup and configure test environments, including relevant test data
- Identify, log and track issues in the defect tracking system. Communicate and follow up with issues, ensuring that these are either resolved or escalated to the Project Manager or the appropriate SD team member.
- Record all test results and report test status on a daily basis
- Adhere to established QA team best practices, processes and methodologies
- Work closely with the Project Leader to ensure QA deliverables match the overall project timelines
- Work with the client IT and QA teams to coordinate system integration and other collaborative testing
- Create high level documentation for clients to demonstrate our testing integrity
- Work effectively with all members of the team to accomplish shared goals
- Learn and support existing software development projects
- Focus on improving company quality and productivity
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, other computer related discipline or equivalent real-world experience
- 3+ years in the following areas of software testing: automation, integration, user acceptance, performance, functional, system, regression
- Good knowledge of QA methodologies, software development lifecycle, testing frameworks, test automation processes and fundamentals of test automation
- QA working experience in Rapid Application Development environment
- Ability to set up and configure test environments
- Testing certification an asset
- Fast learner with the ability to adapt to new technologies
- An eye to improving efficiencies and a commitment to creative problem solving skills
- Proactive and effective verbal and written communicator who can relate to both technical and non-technical teammates
- Highly detailed oriented with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Works effectively with minimal supervision and under pressure with tight deadlines
Meet Some of Dealer-FX's Employees
Supervisor, Client Support
As a supervisor in the Client Support Team, Amanda provides guidance and leadership to a team of support representatives and analysts, ensures her team is up-to-date with product and program developments, and manages processes and best practices in the team.
Back to top