QA Automation Engineer
Intense attention to detail. Compulsive drive for perfection. Ability to see things other people can’t. Love of all things documentation. Automation focused and a passion for the latest defect tracking tools.
Now that we have your attention…...Calling all experienced and professional QA’s to work with us!
We want you to be part of our team and grow professionally. Here’s why you’d want to join us:
- Our people work with the latest web based technologies in a cross functional, multi-faceted organization that operates at the pace of a jackrabbit.
- You’ll get a challenging and rewarding environment, the opportunity to work with leading brands, collaboration with some of the brightest people in the industry, and to share in our mutual success.
- Our Agile environment gives you the chance to be part of an ever changing and evolving process. (We want to get better and you can help us get there.)
- We have a great culture, work environment and potential for professional growth.
- A company that is an industry disrupting Automotive Mobile Data & Analytics powerhouse in their space.
- And we’re really a fun group too!
Being a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer is a very important part of our Development organization and at times it can be stressful. But not to worry, we’ve thought of that and provide you with some great things to make your life better:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Choice of basic or enhanced health benefit plans, dental and vision benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free underground parking
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation
- 1 paid annual volunteer day
- Cool company events and team building activities
Reporting to the Director QA and Application Support you will be responsible to:
- Design, develop, execute, and evaluate automated tests for functional, system, regression and performance testing
- Drive increased test automation coverage in all areas
- Design and code review automated tests
- Develop, document, and maintain test deliverables (Test Requirements, Test Plans, Test Design Specifications, Test Case Specifications, Test Procedures, Test Logs, Test Status and Test Summaries)
- Gather and understand technical requirements from different sources - Product Management, Client Services, Technical Support, IT
- Setup and configure test environments, including relevant test data
- Record all test results and report test status on a daily basis
- Adhere to established QA team best practices, processes and methodologies
- Work closely with the Project Leader to ensure QA deliverables match the overall project timelines
- Work with the client IT and QA teams to coordinate system integration and other collaborative testing
- Work effectively with all members of the team to accomplish shared goals
- Learn and support existing software development projects
- Focus on improving company quality and productivity
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, other computer related discipline or equivalent real-world experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Automation development
- Prior experience with Selenium Webdriver and Framework
- Must have a solid experience with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) or Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Knowledge of cloud based testing
- Proven knowledge of security based testing for website/eCommerce.
- Experience with continuous Integration tools
- Good knowledge of QA methodologies, software development lifecycle, testing frameworks, test automation processes and fundamentals of test automation
- Ability to set up and configure test environments
- Testing certification an asset
- Fast learner with the ability to adapt to new technologies
- An eye to improving efficiencies and a commitment to creative problem solving skills
- Proactive and effective verbal and written communicator who can relate to both technical and non-technical teammates
- Highly detailed oriented with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Works effectively with minimal supervision and under pressure with tight deadlines
No unsolicited agency referrals
Dealer-FX is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
Back to top