The automotive space is revving its engines and you can be part of the Dealer-FX development crew that drives our best-in-class solutions. We work fast, and are driven by the impact our software has on dealers and vehicle owners everywhere! That’s because our products are awesome, and the team behind them is pretty awesome, too.
We work to the extreme, have fun to the extreme and now we need an extremely talented Business Intelligence (BI) ETL Developer to join our quickly growing team. If you have a passion for building data warehouse and data integration solutions in a fast paced environment, and love to work with like minded people in a highly collaborative environment to raise the quality bar, keep reading!
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, 3-weeks’ vacation, paid volunteer day, and lots of other perks. We’re adopting a more agile approach in how we do things, which means shorter dev cycles, more frequent deliveries and greater satisfaction in seeing your efforts come to fruition more often.
Be prepared to keep up in our fast paced environment! Our workplace is awesome; we strive for excellence at all times, but we have tonnes of fun, too. You’ll get to work with people like you: super-smart and talented, who share a passion for what they do (and are really good at it!), and who care about the people they work with.
Interested to join our team of A-players? Keep reading!
As our new ETL Developer, you will contribute your expertise in discussions around our BI solution and data architecture design. You will expertly develop clean, maintainable and tested ETL processes for the extraction and transformation of data from various OLTP applications for loading into a data warehouse. Participate in review and planning sessions in an Agile environment, working closely with our reporting analysts and stakeholders, making sure we’re always building the best user experience possible!
[need more details? We have organized more of the responsibilities of this job into a more traditional bulleted list further below.]
To be successful, we need you to bring your A-game, including your extensive experience in the complete life cycle of data warehouse and system integrations, your knowledge of developing in a cloud environment, and your knowledgeable in both Relational and Dimensional data models. From an experience perspective, you’re advanced with more than 5-years of proven experience developing and tuning ETL processes using a variety of technologies (i.e. SSIS, Informatica). You also have sound experience in REST API development and use in an ETL environment, and you have strong SQL programming knowledge in Microsoft SQL.
[Remember the bulleted list we mentioned above? We have few more for the qualifications part of this posting, too. See below.]
Ready to apply? Then follow the link above and we’ll walk you through our online application process. Good luck!
- Participate in Business Intelligence (BI) solution and data architecture design discussions
- Translate data requirements into ETL design, identifying any gaps
- Develop clean, maintainable and tested ETL processes for the extraction and transformation of data from various OLTP applications for loading into a data warehouse.
- Develop and maintain a data dictionary to support the data warehouse
- Contribute to data management and data improvement processes
- Participate in troubleshooting and performance optimization with the BI solution team
- Participate in review and planning sessions in an Agile environment, working closely with our reporting analysts and stakeholders, making sure we’re always building the best user experience possible!
- Proactively put forward ideas that speak to project objectives (e.g. development, testing solutions, tools)
- Extensive experience in complete life cycle of data warehouse and system integrations
- Knowledge of cloud environment for development
- Knowledgeable in both Relational and Dimensional data models
- Excellent data analysis and problem-solving skills, with a superior attention to detail
- Advanced experience (5+ years) in developing and tuning ETL processes using a variety of technologies (i.e. SSIS, Informatica)
- Understanding of best practices around data integration, from acquisition to loading to transformation using Informatica and SSIS
- Experience in REST API development and use in a ETL environment
- Strong SQL programming knowledge in Microsoft SQL
- Experience with production implementation change management processes
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Highly organized, self-motivated, customer oriented and able to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent verbal & written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence industry technologies (Qlik Sense, Tableau, MSBI, etc)
NOTE: Dealer-FX is an equal opportunity employer. Please no agency applications. For assistance, please email: [email protected]
Meet Some of Dealer-FX's Employees
Manager, Training & Program Deployment
As the Manager of Training and Program Deployment, Joseph manages training programs for new hires and ensures that the latest knowledge is shared across the organization's many departments.
Back to top