- Markham, Canada
You are a problem solver who has acute attention to detail.
You have creative abilities to see a bigger picture, but can be granular enough to know that details matter
Collaboration comes naturally to you, and you thrive in a fast paced and ever changing environment
Your communication skills are exceptional, and you're good at mitigating risk and addressing concerns pro-actively.
We want you to be part of our team and grow professionally. Here’s why you’d want to join us:
- Our people work with the latest web based technologies and BI tools in a cross functional, multi-faceted organization that operates at the pace of a jackrabbit.
- You’ll get a challenging and rewarding environment, the opportunity to work with leading brands, collaboration with some of the brightest people in the industry, and to share in our mutual success.
- Our Agile environment gives you the chance to be part of an ever changing and evolving process. (We want to get better and you can help us get there.)
- We have a great culture, work environment and potential for professional growth.
- A company that is an industry disrupting Automotive Mobile Data & Analytics powerhouse in their space.
- And we’re really a fun group too!
Here’s how we’ll support you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Choice of basic or enhanced health benefit plans, dental and vision benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free underground parking
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation
- 1 paid annual volunteer day
- Cool company events and team building activities
You will contribute your expertise in the evolution of our BI solution, providing architectural leadership in data warehouse, ETL and analytic deliverables. You will have the opportunity to work closely with key stakeholders and technical partners to deliver a strategic solution for the organization.
The data architect is a key technical leadership position that will help set the technical direction for enterprise data analytics. The architect will liaise with internal staff to interpret business demands to design and deliver a flexible data foundation that will support a dynamic analytics environment.If this sounds like your next great challenge read below for a traditional list of requirements.
- Lead data architecture discussion and design, overseeing design of the information architecture for the data warehouse, data marts and staging areas
- Provide technical leadership in all phases of a project from discovery and planning, through implementation and delivery
- Collaborates with project managers and business leaders for all projects involving enterprise data
- Take leadership in addressing data-related problems relating to system integration, compatibility and multiple-platform integration
- Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration or retirement
- Work through all stages of a data solution life cycle: analyze/profile data, create conceptual, logical and physical data model designs, provide guidance on ETL and analytics solutions
- Oversee standardization of data definition, development of data models, and data quality practices
- Participate in data strategy and road map exercises
- Participate in troubleshooting and performance optimization with the BI solution team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a technology area, preferable in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years equivalent work experience in Information Technology
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Requirements and Data Analysis, Data Architecture and/or Data Warehousing in an enterprise data environment
- Experience and proven success in leadership roles supporting business analytics, data governance, data management and data quality
- Hands on experience with enterprise data architectures and toolsets, including relational and dimensional models
- Experience with data integration tools (e.g. Informatica Power Center, Microsoft SSIS), RDMS (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL) and BI Tools ( e.g. Qlik View, Qlik Sense, Tableau)
- Excellent data analysis and problem-solving skills, with a superior attention to detail
- Highly organized, self-motivated, customer oriented and able to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, with both technical and business stakeholders
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
No unsolicited agency referrals
Dealer-FX is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
Back to top