Agile Release Manager
- Markham, Canada
Why work at Dealer-FX?
Challenge. Core values we live by. A company that Thinks Differently.
We are a team of 400+ passionate people who work on SaaS based solutions for the Automotive Industry in North America. We’re disrupting in our space and leading our competitors because our applications are complex, well supported and led by a management team that knows exactly how we are going to WIN. We just need your help getting there.
We get lots of recognition (Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and Fast 500 - AGAIN) and have grown rapidly. Deployments are used by millions of users every day, generating millions of dollars in revenue with top brand automotive manufacturers (Audi, Nissan, FCA, Toyota, Lexus).
We have a culture of shared ownership that lends well to our fast paced and ever changing atmosphere.
We work hard and play even harder - and we make sure you have what you need to achieve your deliverables and goals.
Here’s how we’ll support you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Choice of basic or enhanced health benefit plans, dental and vision benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Child care vouchers for back up child care
- Free underground parking
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation
- 1 paid annual volunteer day
- Cool company events and team building activities
- Paid company training
There’s a list of traditional requirements and qualifications below if you want more detail. Accept our challenge and come Think Differently with us!
As a Release Manager you will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software engineering projects and is supportive of software engineers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments. In general, this role focuses more on the details of the broad release and should participate in or lead any release related meetings.
- Manage risk and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Establish and manage the process for release preparedness, taking into account product development, operational readiness, stakeholder communications, and customer readiness
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Deliver Weekly Release Reporting
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Maintain a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 2-3 years of previous release management experience
- 5 years of experience in information systems operations environment and project management experience
- 5 years of experience with TFs, Visual Studio, Jira and Confluence
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Understanding of project management practices preferred
No unsolicated agency referrals
Dealer-FX is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
Back to top