Accounts Payable Specialist
“Great vision without great people is irrelevant.”
– Jim Collins, Good to Great
Dealer-FX has a vision to become a leading Automotive Mobile Data & Analytics company, and we're already well on our way. We've been recognized by Deloitte 4 years running in the Fast 50 and Fast 500 Technology awards and we continue to grow and achieve success. We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our busy (and totally great) Dollars & Sense team, to help keep us on the path to achieve our goals. Dealer-FX is growing (fast!) and we need help delivering outstanding Accounting & Finance services to the organization through your exceptional accounting skills.
Working closely with our existing team and reporting to the Controller, this position will provide the incumbent with an amazing professional opportunity right off-the-line, with the unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic, fast-paced work environment in an award-winning organization.
What’s in it for you?
Other than an amazing professional opportunity, we have you covered with comprehensive benefits including
- Competitive compensation packages
- Choice of basic or enhanced health benefit, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Child care vouchers for back up child care
- Free onsite, underground parking
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation
- 1 paid annual volunteer day
- Cool company events and team building activities
On top of that, you will enjoy the unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic, fast-paced work environment in an award-winning organization. Plus, given our growth trajectory, that is a lot of opportunity to learn and grow your career.
[Need more details? We have organized the additional responsibilities of this job into a more traditional bulleted list further below].
- Manage accounts payable and payment processes to meet corporate goals
- Liaise and develop working relationships with internal partners and external vendors
- Complete accounts payable cycle processing from invoice coding and data entry to filing and maintaining proper invoice and payment documentation
- Perform month-end activities as it relates to journal entry preparation, accrual entries, cost allocations and general closing tasks
- Produce and analyze transaction reports to investigate and explain variances
- Reconcile vendor accounts balance and accounts payable balance
- Administer employee expense report process in accordance with the company’s travel & entertainment policy
- Monitor vendor files and create new vendor accounts
- Communicate directly with vendors to resolve payment and other queries
- Recommend accounts to be paid with discretion to commit funds to accounts within specified parameters
- Prepare payments according to regular schedule and maintain the proper agenda of payables
- Provide assistance to accounts receivable and act as back up when necessary
- Work cross-functionally with other departments including Sales, Operations, Marketing and Client Support
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years’ experience in an accounting role, preferable with a software or high-tech company with a fast pace and rapid growth
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office especially Excel and strong database skills
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
- Experience with SAP Concur considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
No unsolicited Agency referrals
Meet Some of Dealer-FX's Employees
Manager, Client Support
As a supervisor in the Client Support Team, Amanda provides guidance and leadership to a team of support representatives and analysts, ensures her team is up-to-date with product and program developments, and manages processes and best practices in the team.
Back to top