As a visual designer you'll help make our product clear and consistent, as well as shape and evolve its visual identity. While our product designers focus on understanding user behavior and interactions, we rely on your talent and experience to refine these ideas, bring them to life, and make them a seamless part of our growing product and brand.
The Design team is involved in the entire product development process, from brainstorming to pixel-pushing. We support and learn from each other, and since our team is still small (just a few people), you’ll have a big impact here.
We’re on a mission to bring sanity to Dev & Ops. We’re building a powerful, intuitive, and beautiful product to effortlessly explore large amounts of data, and help our users understand their infrastructure through interactive visualizations.
What you will do
- Drive the product's visual design and identity
- Work with product designers and engineers to polish and ship new features
- Help make product launches a success by art-directing and capturing our best work
- Develop a wide range of visual assets, from icons to launch videos
Who you must be
- Have previous experience designing web applications
- Confident producing a wide variety of visual assets, from web-optimized images and vector graphics to animations and videos
- Demonstrate an ability to take an idea from prototype to polished final product, showing artifacts from your previous work and highlighting your process
- A master of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Thrive as part of a tightly-knit team in a quickly-changing environment
- Experience with modern design tools like Sketch
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure, and previous experience with platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Previous work on technical products and data visualizations
- Ability to write HTML and CSS
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Garner splits his time between answering technical questions from customers and taking internal support engineers through product deep-dives. He also introduces new prospects to the product.
Back to top