Video Producer / Animator / Editor
Join a small, specialized team to help one of the fastest-growing companies in North America grow even faster. Our team is creating a library of articles and (now!) videos to help engineers monitor their applications and infrastructure effectively. We are looking for our first full-time video creator to collaborate with engineering, product, and executive teams to tell our stories.
In all our work we aim to be deeply knowledgeable, accurate, and engaging. We don’t produce fluff—we are focused on creating quality content with long-term value.
Create product announcement and how-to videos. Scripts and storyboards will be developed in coordination with product and executive teams. You will:
- Record live video, screencasts, and voiceovers
- Edit sound and video
- Create animations for videos, or work with outside party to develop animations
The videos you produce must be tight, attractive, and tell their story with a genuine voice, as succinctly and clearly as possible.
- At least 5 years video production experience
- Solid experience with shooting, editing, and animating
- Able to set up and troubleshoot production infrastructure (cameras, lights, edit suites)
- Ability to be a one-person band or hire and collaborate with outside vendors and crew
- Basic animation skills, or better-than-basic as a bonus
- Basic understanding of current internet network technology and ability to pick up new abstract concepts quickly
- Able to take technical writing and synthesize a simple, clear narrative
Please provide samples of video work that explain a difficult or complex concept.
- Great career opportunity: Datadog is growing rapidly, but is not yet a household name. This is an opportunity to join a company that already the leader in its field, but still early enough to have great impact. But don't take our word for it, in December 2016, Deloitte determined that Datadog is in the top ten fastest-growing companies in North America.
- Culture: We are enthusiastic, humble, open, and precise. We value inclusivity, creativity, and collaboration.
- Our small team is central to one of Datadog’s key growth strategies
- Our work reaches tens of thousands of people every month
- Workplace perks: You’ll be working alongside a group of friendly, talented engineers and marketers at our midtown office, which features amazing 360-degree views from our 45th floor location. Datadog provides a stocked fridge and catered lunches three days a week.
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Samantha strives to build a product that’s reliable and user-friendly by working on both the front-end and back-end code to improve Datadog’s functionality and platform capabilities.
Back to top