Video Editor & Animator
Video Editor & Animator
Join our small in-house video team to help one of the fastest-growing companies in North America grow even faster. As part of our marketing department you will create videos to help engineers monitor their applications and infrastructure effectively. We are looking for a video creator to collaborate with engineering, product, and executive teams to tell our stories.
In all our work we aim to be deeply knowledgeable, accurate, and engaging. We don’t produce fluff—we are focused on creating quality content with long-term value.
Create product explainers and how-to videos, as well as video testimonials and social media video ads. Scripts and storyboards will be developed in coordination with product and executive teams. You will:
- Record live video, screencasts, and voiceovers
- Edit video and sound
- Animate and design motion graphics elements to enhance our videos
The videos you produce must be tight, attractive, and tell their story with a genuine voice, as succinctly and clearly as possible.
- BFA in design/animation or related discipline
- 2+ years of professional video/animation experience
- Basic editing skills, or better-than-basic as a bonus
- An impressive portfolio with a variety of different styles
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to be a one-person band or collaborate with a team
- Basic understanding of current technologies and ability to pick up new abstract concepts quickly
- Able to take technical writing and synthesize a simple, clear narrative
- Understanding of the tech industry and\or prior experience working at a tech\startup company - an advantage!
Attached to your resume please provide a link to your portfolio alongside a cover letter.
Please refer to at least one example video work that explains a difficult or complex concept.
- Great career opportunity: Datadog is growing rapidly, but is not yet a household name. This is an opportunity to join a company that is already the leader in its field, but still early enough to have great impact. But don't take our word for it, in December 2016, Deloitte determined that Datadog is in the top ten fastest-growing companies in North America.
- Culture: We are enthusiastic, humble, open, and precise. We value inclusivity, creativity, and collaboration.
- We encourage a healthy work/life balance and have many fun team outings and company events
- Our small team is central to one of Datadog’s key growth strategies
- Our work reaches tens of thousands of people every month
- Workplace perks: You’ll be working alongside a group of friendly, talented engineers and marketers at our midtown office, which features amazing 360-degree views from our 45th floor location. Datadog provides a stocked fridge and catered lunches three days a week.
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Garner splits his time between answering technical questions from customers and taking internal support engineers through product deep-dives. He also introduces new prospects to the product.
Back to top