We are seeking technical writers who will drive our documentation efforts in collaboration with both internal engineering groups and our wider open source developer community. We are a team of engineers and evangelists who focus on enabling Datadog's user and developer community to build great things on Datadog's cloud monitoring platform. In this role you will be hands on with the technologies Datadog monitors, as you create new and improve existing documentation for our APIs, SDKs, and community developed integrations.
What you will do:
- Partner with our engineering teams to create public user documentation throughout the application development life cycle.
- Dig into source code for community and internally developed systems to collect technical details for documentation
- Create developer facing documentation and training materials for Datadog's SDKs and APIs to foster the growth of our developer community.
- Collaborate with our open source community to develop documentation standards.
Who you must be:
- You have publicly available technical writing samples.
- You are fluent reading and writing in at least 2 programing languages. (eg Ruby, Python, Go, bash).
- You are comfortable and familiar with modern infrastructure such as IaaS cloud services and containers.
- You enjoy self driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages.
- You have written or managed server-side software.
- You are able to transform dry technical topics into engaging, informative and interesting educational materials.
- You have experience producing videos which distill complex technical concepts into content easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You enjoy public speaking at meetups, conferences, and internal events.
Is this you? Send your resume and links to your Github profile and public writing samples.
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Samantha strives to build a product that’s reliable and user-friendly by working on both the front-end and back-end code to improve Datadog’s functionality and platform capabilities.
Back to top