Technical Content Editor
- New York, NY
Datadog’s Writing team is the public voice of Datadog. We are a group of tech-oriented writers and editors who value accuracy, depth, and accessibility. As part of the Creative Marketing department, we work collaboratively within our team—but also collaborate across the entire company. Our blog posts cover Datadog in depth and provide valuable information to the broader tech community around observability, best practices, and industry trends.
Are you looking to combine your editing and writing skills with your love of learning new technologies? Are you as comfortable on the command line as you are top editing, copy editing, and providing detailed editorial feedback to experienced technical content writers? Are you obsessed with following the latest trends in cloud monitoring technologies? If so, we'd love to talk to you.
We are expanding the Writing team at Datadog, the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring and analytics. Our team of technical content editors and writers runs Datadog's main blog (aka "The Monitor"), where we publish in-depth articles about monitoring, software infrastructure, and application performance for a highly technical audience of software developers and ops engineers.
- Edit, pitch, research, and occasionally write articles for the Datadog blog, such as:
- Deep dives on modern technologies
- In-depth monitoring guides and tutorials
- Announcements for new Datadog features and integrations
- Provide precise and detailed editorial feedback to writers
- Collaborate with editors, writers, product managers, engineers, and graphic designers to maximize the clarity, technical correctness, and visual appeal of our articles
- Develop new formats for communicating original research, monitoring best practices, and technical tips to our readers
- Collaborate with the Video team and write scripts for original product videos
- Continually measure reader engagement, and iterate to improve content focus, craft, and distribution
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years experience as an editor and/or writer in the technology industry, with samples of your work to share
- You are able to craft superior, technically precise prose and elevate the work of your colleagues to a similar level. This includes improving the quality of the writing itself, as well as identifying technical passages that need clarification, revision, or deeper exploration
- You follow the latest trends in the cloud monitoring space and are constantly coming up with and pitching new story ideas
Successful candidates will be comfortable shaping and editing the work of professional writers, researching new technologies, learning how to use them, and reducing their complex workings to clear prose. You will have the support of Datadog engineers and other technical staff when you need an expert opinion.
- You have experience setting up web servers, databases, container platforms, cloud services, and other infrastructure technologies
- You are proficient in multiple widely used general-purpose programming languages (Python, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- You have experience writing scripts for technical videos and collaborating with video editors
- You have experience managing small teams of writers
Datadog is a SaaS-based monitoring platform for hybrid cloud and cloud native applications, providing full visibility into the health of an application, from backend infrastructure to front-end user journeys to business-level performance. Our data analytics platform enables Dev, Ops, and other teams across a company to easily collaborate and share information, identify and solve potential problems, accelerate business growth, and successfully complete cloud migration initiatives.
Back to top