We are building a team of writers within one of the fastest-growing startups in New York. We are looking for writers with coding skills to join our team on a full-time basis. Our team’s primary goal is to pitch, research, and write in-depth articles that software engineers and ops engineers will want to read, discuss, and share with their peers.
Datadog is the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring. Our product was built by engineers, for engineers, so we aim to be deeply knowledgeable, accurate, engaging, and useful in all of our communications. We don’t write fluff.
- Identify and define articles that Datadog should create
- Write articles that are authoritative, practical, and clear, such as:
- Deep dives on modern technologies
- In-depth monitoring guides or use-cases
- Thought leadership pieces
- Build relationships with journalists, analysts, tech bloggers, open source contributors and product community leaders.
- Continually measure reader engagement with content, and iterate to improve content definition, craft, and distribution.
You will have the support of Datadog engineers and other technical team members when you need an expert opinion.
- You are a polished, published writer
- You have at least some code in a publicly available repo
Successful candidates will be comfortable researching new technologies, learning how to use them, and reducing their complex workings to clear prose.
- Great career opportunity: Datadog is undergoing explosive growth. This is an opportunity to join a company that has already established itself as the leader in its field, but still early enough to have great impact.
- Culture: We are enthusiastic, humble, open, and precise. We value inclusivity, creativity, and collaboration.
- Impact: Our small team is central to one of Datadog’s key growth strategies.
- Workplace perks: You’ll be working alongside a group of friendly, talented engineers and marketers at our Times Square office, which features unparalleled views from our 45th floor location. Datadog provides a stocked fridge and catered lunches three days a week.
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Samantha strives to build a product that’s reliable and user-friendly by working on both the front-end and back-end code to improve Datadog’s functionality and platform capabilities.
Back to top