We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. We're looking for engineers with strong backgrounds in modern infrastructure technology, cloud environments, and distributed systems.
The Build Engineering - Registry team that is building our multi-cloud and multi-region artifact management solution. This solution focuses on compliance, security and standardization, allowing us to converge on a single artifact management solution that can grow with Datadog as our cloud footprint grows.
Build Engineering part of the Delivery Engineering organization focused on CI/CD maturity with practices, patterns and policies by driving efficiency & reliability across Datadog, while accounting for security and compliance as we continue to scale.
We aim to make systems and tools that allow engineers to remain efficient as the Datadog product and company grows to many cloud regions and providers.
As the Team Lead for the Build Engineering - Registry team, you will guide a team of talented engineers to make technical decisions and build features that will make a significant impact on Datadog’s deployment solutions, ability to continue scaling to multiple cloud regions and make the lives of Datadog engineers easier.
- Design and extend a multi-region, multi-cloud distributed system for artifact management, with the goal to open source it
- Work directly with product engineering to understand their challenges and collaborate to develop solutions to artifact management
- Work directly with security engineering further enhance our software supply chain security
- Work with industry patterns to influence new technology specifications and tools such as CNAB, OCI, Open Policy Agent and Docker Notary
- Mentor other engineers on your team
- Collaborate with a globally distributed engineering team
- Run a lightweight agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver high quality work
- You have been building applications for 4+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have lead or managed a small team of software engineers
- You are able to make tradeoffs between engineering time, business priorities and long and short term goals
- You have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment to build a brand new product
- You are a great communicator, both written and verbal
- You have significant experience with Go
- You have experience operating mission critical, regionally distributed applications
- You have made contributions to open-source projects or have been involved in relevant communities in the Cloud Native ecosystem
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.