Datadog is a fast-growing enterprise software company, featured on Crain’s best places to work in NYC and Deloitte’s Fast 500 tech companies. We’re looking for an accountant to join our Finance team in New York and help us with a range of responsibilities to scale our company, and keep our customers, vendors, and employees happy.
The core of this role revolves around accounts receivable and accounts payable. You’ll also work on other monthly and ad-hoc exercises and projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-funded, high growth NYC startup.
- Accounts Receivable
- Help customers understand their bills, which vary with usage and plan type
- Ensure customers pay invoices on time
- Keep accurate customer database including billing email addresses, PO Numbers, and payment terms
- Work to minimize DSO with timely collections of outstanding accounts
- Accounts Payable
- Manage vendor invoices on a daily basis, ensuring accuracy and timely payments
- Respond to vendor inquiries as needed
- Set up new vendor accounts - including W-9s and other billing information
- Assist with month-end billing process including reconciliation and variance analysis
- Proactively work on OFAC transactional screening, as well as ad-hoc reporting and data analysis as requested
- Effectively communicate customer billing issues with Customer Success team
- Manage employee expenses via Expensify.com
- Assist with the record keeping of the international entity
- Assist with the Financial Statement Audit
- Ad-hoc projects as they arise
- 2-3 Years work experience
- Number cruncher - Google Spreadsheet and Excel experienced
- People-person - love building relationships in-person, over-the-phone, or via email
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on, love new challenges, and love to improve existing processes
- Pay attention to detail, multi-task, and prioritize well
- SaaS billing experience preferred
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Quickbooks/Bill.com experience a plus
- NetSuite experience a plus
If you’re interested, please apply and answer these questions in application:
- What does Outstanding Customer Experience mean to you?
- Tell me about the last time you WOWed someone?
- What achievement to date are you most proud of and why?
- You’re at a Customer Service conference and get to ask Tony Hsieh one question. What is it?
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Leading eight sales representatives, Jake coaches his team to accomplish ambitious personal and professional goals. He strategizes stellar sales plans, monitors progress, and teaches skills needed to conquer quotas.
Back to top