Software Engineer - Serverless
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Serverless team is expanding Datadog to build first-class support for Functions-as-a-Service products like AWS Lambda, as well as new, upcoming products from our partners. The team works on high-scale distributed systems to collect data in real-time, as well as compelling, usable UIs that enable our customers to truly understand what’s happening across all their serverless applications.
Serverless computing represents a new programming model for the cloud. Monitoring these applications presents unique challenges, given their highly-distributed nature and the lack of access to the underlying infrastructure. As an engineer on the Serverless team, you’ll help set the industry-standard for serverless monitoring tools, partnering with teams across Datadog working on metrics, distributed tracing and logs analytics.
- You have significant experience in one or more languages
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You can design architecture to solve problems at high scale
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers.
- You've worked at high scale with systems like Redis, Cassandra, or Kafka
- You’ve built and monitored a serverless application
- You’ve worked on widely-used software libraries
- You have significant experience with Python, Go, or Java
Back to top