Software Engineer - Security Development
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
As a backend engineer on our Security team, you will build the next generation security infrastructure platform that protects our organization. This team gives our service a competitive advantage in security and reliability. You will work with product and internal teams to meet the evolving security needs of our high-throughput, low-latency distributed systems. Your work will impact not only Datadog’s infrastructure, but our customers’.
We're looking for engineers with a security mindset and background in modern infrastructure tech, cloud environments, and distributed systems. Yes, this includes containers, orchestrators, and service mesh technologies.
Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. By joining us you will influence and own significant chunks of our infrastructure security architecture as we continue to scale and help our growing customer base do the same.
- Design and code a novel way to detect and mitigate a low-level security vulnerability
- Keep our security alerting platform observable, up and running, while planning for a 10x scale that’s a mere 12 months away
- Prototype new ideas, test new open-source security tools
- Help other engineering teams rely on our security infrastructure
- Passion and demonstrated experience designing, building, and managing resilient applications and infrastructures at a large scale
- Experience beyond basic usage of orchestration platforms and container runtimes
- High level of competency in cloud automation technologies such as Terraform
- High level of situational and operational awareness
- Strong understanding of OS and Linux internals
- Strong interest in security
- Can provide examples of the ability to solve difficult problems with engineering
- Experience in core project languages (Golang / Python / Ruby)
- SRE experience
- High level of competency with the security principles of at least one of the following:
- Experience with immutable infrastructure deployments
- Experience deploying and managing logging and alerting at large scale
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top