Software Engineer - Recent Grad
- New York, NY
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We are looking for graduates to help us collect, aggregate, visualize, and analyze high-scale metrics, logs, and application data. We ideally intend for you to be in the New York office! However, our top priority is your health and safety, so all current and future Datadog employees will be working remotely until then.
- Solve a scaling bottleneck in a critical service
- Deploy a new feature to production, progressively rolling it out with feature flags
- Investigate and fix a production issue from a service your team owns
- Design a way to optimize a service to handle more traffic
- With your team, plan the most important projects to work on next
- You are comfortable coding in one or more languages
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You have worked as a software engineering intern or have related industry experience
- You are targeting a 2021 full-time start date
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth environment that values its employees and customers
- You are a self-starter who enjoys collaborating with other engineers and solving difficult problems
- You have worked at high scale with systems like Redis, Cassandra, or Kafka
- You wrote your own data pipelines once or twice before
- You have significant experience with Go or Python
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top