Software Engineer - Logs
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Our Logs Intake team owns the logs collection agent, intake edge services, processing and enrichment that deliver data to the Datadog logs management application. They build, scale, and operate some of the low-latency, high-throughput data systems that power the growth of our business.
As a Software Engineer for the Logs Intake team, you will work on all the pieces of code from collecting raw logs from our customers to delivering them enriched to our downstream storage and analytics services. You will build distributed, high-throughput and low-latency systems with a strong focus on availability, resilience and durability. Working closely with our product managers to support our variety of customers and data, you will build new features as well scale as our systems for our fast-growing business.
- Code (Go and Java) new and existing services to scale out our logs intake pipelines
- Contribute to the design of the logs intake architecture and systems
- Debug and solve challenging cross-systems issues in production
- Help improve our engineering tooling and practices
- You have been building applications for 2+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have backend programming experience
- You have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You've worked at high scale with systems like Redis or Kafka
- You’ve written your own data pipelines before
- You have a strong background in statistics
- You have significant experience with Go or a JVM based language
Back to top