Software Engineer - Live Data Distributed Storage (C++)
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We develop an optimized, low latency, high throughput, distributed application platform, capable of continuously ingesting petabytes of data while handling our customers’ search and analytics operations. We want to take our platform to the next level with the vision of making it the paved path solution for all live data querying and analytics problems.
We are looking for an Engineer who is interested in distributed data stores, scalability, availability and cares about giving our customers the best platform for them to explore their data.
- Build distributed, high-throughput, event database
- Do it in modern C++
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You have significant backend programming experience in C++
- You are comfortable with low-level implementation and systems programming (e.g. network, mmap)
- You care about code simplicity and performance
- You choose your data structures carefully
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You've worked on databases, or maybe built your own
- You have a strong background in stats
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top