Software Engineer - Internal Analytics Platform
At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—and high availability, providing always-on alerting, visualization, and tracing for our customers' infrastructure and applications around the globe.
We are building a first-class Internal Analytics team composed of Data Engineers and Data Analysts. If you’re excited to work on a fast-moving team with cutting-edge open-source data collection, transformation and analysis tools, we want to meet you.
What you will do
- Collect data from a wide range of sources: AWS S3, Redshift, PostgreSQL, and various APIs
- Build data ETL pipelines using Spark, Luigi and other open-source technologies, with programming languages like Scala, Python, and SQL
- Tune Spark jobs to improve performance
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers in order to collect the right data that will help them better understand our customers, product usage, or our own operations
- Work with Data Analysts to build the right analytics reports
- Have a meaningful impact on many teams at Datadog thanks to data
- Join a tightly knit team solving hard problems the right way
- Grow with the company
Who we are looking for
- You are fluent in several programming languages such as Python, R, or Scala
- You have 2+ years of work experience in building ETL pipelines in production
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You have work experience with data storage such as AWS S3, Redshift or similar.
- Being a SQL expert is a minimum for this position
- You are fluent with command line
- You enjoy wrangling huge amounts of data and exploring new data sets
- You have a natural curiosity and investigative mindset - driven to know “why”.
- You can explain complex datasets in very clear ways
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment and thrive on autonomy
- You are familiar with Spark and/or Hadoop
- Experience with AWS Redshift and S3
Back to top