At Datadog, we're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The new Developer Observability team is expanding Datadog’s capabilities to help software engineering teams do more, faster. We do this by providing them with unique insights during their software development lifecycle. By instrumenting test and benchmark frameworks, CI/CD providers and source code management tools, we enable users to track, identify and debug failures and performance regressions on CI pipelines, as well as their applications before they reach production.
As a Software Engineer for the Developer Observability team, you will work on designing and building scalable, reliable and performant services and datastores, as well as leverage the power of the Datadog platform, to ingest, store, analyze and query distributed traces, logs, metrics and git data. You will be building the tools you wish you had when developing your own applications!
- Design and implement reliable, scalable and maintainable high-throughput microservices using Go or Java
- Leverage different datastores, such as PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra or Elasticsearch, where appropriate
- Own meaningful parts of our service, investigating and fixing issues in production while minimizing customer impact
- Work together with other teams to design and implement high impact, cross-product features that you’ll own end-to-end
- You have been building applications for 3+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have significant experience in one or more backend languages, such as Go, Python or Java
- You have significant experience with different types of data stores, such as PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis or ElasticSearch
- You understand the common industry patterns for ensuring high availability and performance in distributed systems
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You have have used or operated Kafka at scale before
- You have designed and built distributed systems at scale
- You have significant experience with real-time stream processing systems
- You have implemented and managed your own CI/CD pipelines before
- You have worked in a high performing engineering organization, like a tech startup
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.