We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Database Reliability Engineers (DRE) build production-ready solutions that our product engineers can use to build developer tools and automation that quickly scale up for use by thousands of customers. This team ensures that our databases are scalable and cost-efficient, giving our engineers the platform they need to operate in a high-volume, low-latency environment that is continuing to double in size. The DRE team works collaboratively with engineers across the company, using their deep systems understanding to respond to infrastructure failures and reduce operational toil for all.
We are a globally distributed team with US Offices in New York (HQ), Boston, and Denver and International Offices in Paris, Dublin, London, Madrid, the Netherlands, and Singapore. About 33% of our engineering team are remote.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand that not everyone will meet these requirements on day one. If you’re passionate about reliability engineering and want to grow these skills but don’t meet all of these qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
- Keep our datastores reliable, available and fast.
- Respond to, investigate and fix issues, whether it’s deep in the database code or in the client application.
- Build tooling to minimize customer-facing downtime, and scale up resources on short notice
- Protect and ensure the consistency of customer data.
- Work with developers to design data models, and choose the correct datastores, to support orders of magnitude more customer data and traffic.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when diagnosing production issues
- You handle infrastructure with code because automation lets you focus on the more difficult and rewarding problems
- You have production experience with distributed datastores, e.g. Cassandra, Postgres, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis
- You have created tooling for, or submitted contributions to, an open-source datastore
- You are fluent in Python or Golang
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.