Software Engineer - Data Visualization
- New York, NY
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems, the right way.
As a software engineer for the Data Visualization Team, you will work with product and design to create high-scale, highly-performant interactive visualizations (graphs, maps, charts) that help our customers better understand the story and health of their infrastructure. Our graphs, charts, and maps allow our customers to see what’s happening in their infrastructure at a glance. Our customers love us for our ability to tell a complex story visually.
- Transform large and complex datasets to beautiful visualizations
- Join a tightly knit team solving hard problems the right way
- Push frontend graphics to the limit in order to handle high-dimensional datasets
- Find creative solutions and introduce new tech to help us push the boundary of what we can do in the browser
- Help us understand what’s important to visualize
- You’re excited by interactivity in large datasets
- You are familiar with data structures and algorithms, profiling and optimization
- You see code as craft and value code simplicity
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You have great product sense and keep the ultimate customer goal in mind
- You combine your understanding of intuitive interaction design and performance constraints to create visual layouts of information that are actionable and responsive
Back to top