Software Engineer - Data Science
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The data science team focuses on improving the observability of dynamic distributed systems by creating practical user-facing features in the Datadog app. We research, develop, and maintain features such as automated alerting, forecasting, anomaly detection, directed root cause analysis, and much more.
This role sits at the intersection of software engineering, data engineering, and data science. You will be working on large-scale distributed systems, horizontally-scalable datastores and a variety of data-processing frameworks to build our next-generation platform and capabilities for data science at Datadog. You will be contributing to our core products in a way that significantly and directly impacts our customers’ experiences.
- Build common services and components encapsulating data science capabilities for other products and teams to leverage
- Enable new capabilities for our core products by integrating and preprocessing data from tens of sources and preparing it for incorporation into data science models
- Ensure that our data science-driven features continue to scale well as Datadog adds more customers and ingests more data per customer
- Leverage modern tools and frameworks to improve the performance and cost-efficiency of data science services
- Join an amazing team of data scientists and software engineers building a product that our customers love to use
- You can write performant Python code
- You have experience building data processing systems
- You can design architecture to solve problems at high scale
- You want to work on a data science team that ships products
- You value simplicity and getting the right things done
- You want to work in a fast-moving, high-growth environment that respects engineers and customers
- You are an expert in Go or Scala
- You have built systems that process terabytes of data every day
- You have more than a passing interest in statistics or data science
Back to top