Software Engineer - Data Reliability
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
How do you provide data to a real-time service that monitors hundreds of thousands of servers 24 hours a day? How do you ensure data correctness in the face of infrastructure failures and network partitions, in a high-volume, low-latency environment? What should the infrastructure look like when data may double in size or in throughput on short notice? If you think you have the answers, join us as a Data Reliability Engineer (DRE) and help us ensure that we're providing reliable data, at scale, and quickly.
- Keep our datastores reliable, available and fast.
- Respond to, investigate and fix issues, whether it’s deep in the Database code or in the client application.
- Build tooling to minimize customer-facing downtime, and scale up resources on short notice
- Protect and ensure the consistency of customer data.
- Work with developers to design data models, and choose the correct datastores, to support orders of magnitude more customer data and traffic.
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You have a track record as an engineer in the operations of a large site
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when diagnosing production issues
- You handle infrastructure with code because automation lets you focus on the more difficult and rewarding problems
- You have production experience with distributed datastores, e.g. zookeeper, cassandra, postgres, kafka, elasticsearch, redis
- You have created tooling for, or submitted contributions to, an open-source data store
- You are fully fluent in python, ruby or go
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top