As an engineer on our Compute team, you will build the next generation scalable infrastructure platform that powers our products around the world. This team gives our service a competitive advantage in engineering velocity and resiliency.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement our core infrastructure in a manner that remains scalable
- Maintain and debug day-to-day infra operations while assisting engineering teams who rely on it
- Work with our tooling teams to create abstractions that support resilient, high velocity global deployment models across clouds without sacrificing availability
- Prototype and assess technologies in the evolving cloud native landscape
- Research and experiment with new cloud computing technologies and vendors
- Focus on the observability of our infrastructure and deploy pipelines at scale
- Collaborate with a globally distributed engineering team
Who You Are:
- Passion for and demonstrated experience (At least 3 years) in designing, building, and managing resilient applications and infrastructures at scale
- Experience beyond basic usage of orchestration platforms and container runtimes
- Resiliency and availability are a cornerstone of every change
- Strong focus and commitment to the evolving needs of engineering teams
- Good understanding of OS and Linux internals
- Programming experience in core project languages (Golang / Python / Ruby)
- SRE experience is a plus
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.