Software Engineer - Compute
At Datadog, we're on a mission to bring sanity to cloud development and operations. We need to make the heterogeneous, complex data we collect globally available for users to digest and act upon.
As an engineer on our Compute team, you will build the next generation scalable infrastructure platform that powers our products around the world. This team gives our service a competitive advantage in engineering velocity and resiliency. You will work with product teams to meet the evolving needs of our high-throughput, low-latency distributed systems. The decisions you make will have a significant impact not only on Datadog’s infrastructure, but that of our customers.
We're looking for engineers with strong backgrounds in modern infrastructure tech, cloud environments, and distributed systems development. Yes, this includes containers, orchestrators, and service mesh technologies.
Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. By joining us you will influence and own significant chunks of our architecture as we continue to scale and help our growing customer base do the same.
- Design and implement our core infrastructure in a manner that remains scalable
- Maintain and debug day-to-day infra operations while assisting engineering teams who rely on it
- Work with our tooling teams to create abstractions that support resilient, high velocity global deployment models across clouds without sacrificing availability
- Prototype and assess technologies in the evolving cloud native landscape
- Research and experiment with new cloud computing technologies and vendors
- Focus on the observability of our infrastructure and deploy pipelines at scale
- Collaborate with a globally distributed engineering team
Your skills & experience:
- Passion and demonstrated experience (At least 3 years) designing, building, and managing resilient applications and infrastructures at scale
- Experience beyond basic usage of orchestration platforms and container runtimes
- Resiliency and availability are a cornerstone of every change
- Strong focus and commitment to the evolving needs of engineering teams
- Good understanding of OS and Linux internals
- Significant programming experience in core project languages (Golang / Python / Ruby)
- SRE experience is a plus
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Leading eight sales representatives, Jake coaches his team to accomplish ambitious personal and professional goals. He strategizes stellar sales plans, monitors progress, and teaches skills needed to conquer quotas.
Back to top