Software Engineer - Cloud Metrics
At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—and high availability, providing always-on alerting, visualization, and tracing for our customers' infrastructure and applications around the globe.
Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. Join us to own significant chunks of our architecture, build systems at scale, and ship to production every day for customers who care deeply about what you build.
The Cloud Provider team builds software to connect with the vast ecosystem of cloud platforms, services, and tools that our customers use. The team instruments VMs, databases, load balancers, lambda functions, and everything else in a vast array of services that cloud providers like AWS, GCP, and Azure provide.
Easily configurable integrations are a key part of why our customers love Datadog. As an engineer you'll help scale and expand our range of cloud provider services. You’ll become an expert in everything cloud—instrumenting the latest AWS, GCP, and Azure offerings as they are released and exploring other cloud providers’ functionality, often before the general public has access.
- You have significant experience in one or more languages
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You can design architecture to solve problems at high scale
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You've worked at high scale with systems like Redis, Cassandra, Kafka
- You’ve built something on top of AWS, GCP, and/or Azure APIs
- You are a master at Python, Java, C++ or Go
- You know Linux, from the system to the libs to the common apps
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Jake P.Director, Commercial Sales
Based in Boston, Jake leads the West coast commercial team and helps them accomplish ambitious personal and professional goals. He strategizes sales plans, monitors progress, and teaches skills needed to conquer quotas.
Back to top