Software Engineer - Authentication & Access Management
At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—and high availability, providing always-on alerting, visualization, and tracing for our customers' infrastructure and applications around the globe. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. Join us to own significant chunks of our architecture, build systems at scale, and ship to production every day for customers who care deeply about what you build.
The Authentication & Access Management team provides authentications for Datadog users, role-based access control, caching and session management, and much more to ensure Datadog is a robust, secure platform for our customers.
- Building secure authentications using modern protocols
- Building a role-based access management schema
- Deploy a new feature to production, progressively rolling it out with feature flags
- Investigate and fix a production issue from a service your team owns
- Design a way to scale up a service for more traffic
- With your team, plan the most important projects to work on next
- You have significant experience in one or more languages
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You can design architecture to solve problems at high scale
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You've know best practices around Authorizations and Access Management
- You have tackled role-based permissions for a large-scale user base
- You have significant experience with Go, C, or Python
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top